ink-a-bink OKTOBERFEST

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
DSCN2833.JPG

they're BOTH good!
Oktoberfest sausage bought from Sendik's, and other friends willing to sacrifice their lives for my dinner.

DSCN2836.JPG

head outside with various other "friends"

DSCN2837.JPG

not a pretty picture of the sausage in Mäzen with onions and peppers...

DSCN2840.JPG

thin onions trying to get caramelized... actually, it was me that was caramelized

DSCN2845.JPG

the kraut is in the sausage, as is the mustard seed and th.... well, you know the rest.

DSCN2847.JPG

DSCN2848.JPG

served untraditionally German, yet very much traditional here.

DSCN2854.JPG

DSCN2856.JPG

Thank you for visiting!
images

Superb sausage cook, Jim! Wish I had a couple of those bad boys on a plate in front of me right now!!!

Samuel Adams Oktoberfest is my favorite beer. But I'm a lover of all things Oktoberfest, I go to a different celebration every weekend in September and October.

Bill

Nice Jim!! Super lookin October fest meal!!! Love all of it!! So glad you are still enjoying the AK White(or maybe it's stewing with the brats!) either way fine looking meal!

Wow awesome looking grill session! Did you throw some beer in the sausage pan when they were simmering? I love to do that, makes everything in the pan taste even better. Wouldn't think that beer would really come through in the taste after crisping them up, but boy does it ever. I usually use a really cheap dark beer though. I'd save that good stuff you got there for "caramelizing" the cook too. :D

DANKE! :) Jim, yes Leinenhugels IS good. Their summer ale is good also, I guess I'm a little late for that info, you probably already know though. Great looking cooks. Their's a deli here run by the Amish and they make a sausage called pizza griller's. They have pepperoni and motza cheese inside. Are you able to get anything like that? Let me know. Great looking cook my friend. I love the fall selection of beers also. Can't go wrong with a SA.

What could be more Wisconsinian than beer and brats during Oktoberfest time!
A dandy of a beer drinking meal my friend!
It sets a high standard for your tongue cook:p

Back