I'm sure you already know

Another epic cook c/o Brett! I'd like to try this cook, only I would give it a spin on my rotisserie
It’s probably do well in a roto. Just secure the end clamps as the log shrinks in wise when cooking it from rendering off fat. And a lower temp on roto too. Say a single bank of coals or two smaller banks on either size.

This was cooked via runway method with coals in CBs on either side. I had a drip tray catch the runoff. I’ll empty that tonight to keep my grill clean.

Looks good, I may dabble in this closer to the holiday season. I think I may try smoking it on the offset, it will probably take at least 4 hours. Is there anyway to keep the meat more uniform when slicing.

Looks good, I may dabble in this closer to the holiday season. I think I may try smoking it on the offset, it will probably take at least 4 hours. Is there anyway to keep the meat more uniform when slicing.
Thicker slices when slicing will make for a nicer appearance. I was making sandwiches which I prefer the thinner, more shaved type slices.

Also the rest allows the log to set up firmer. I rested 30, tented, which made the fat layer a little soft. Next time I’ll just let is rest untented which also make slicing easier as the fat is firmer.

Only item to be careful of is when butterflying, avoid cutting the outer fat cap. I did pierce it this time and some of the herbs did prottude through No biggie. Just something to be aware of.

There’s lots of flavor in this roast. It’s always a hit. But it also eats heavily thus why I make it 1x a year.

I’m sure you’ll do it justice. Your skill level is more advanced than this.

Last edited:

Back