I'm down to 40 pounds! Help!

Scott Hoofman

TVWBB Super Fan
Auughhhhh! I'm down to 40 pounds of charcoal. Anybody seen or heard of any end-of-season sales going on at the national chains?

HD in this area had the twin 48 lb packs for around $8 down here. I've never seen them have it that low here.

Paul

Scott,

The Sam's Club here always has the two-pack 24lb bags of Kingsford for $10 and if you have a Gordon Food Service around they sell Royal Oak lump, 20lb bag for $8.79, year round.

Hey Bruce - you ever tried those Old Hickory briquettes at GFS? They are made by Royal Oak and are commercial grade. Just wondering.

Bruce and Joe,
I went to a GFS (not my normal one) and they did not have the Royal Oak Lump. They did have the Hickory briquettes (Nature Glo). I haven't tried them yet, but I will and post results. I picked up a bag even though I really wanted the RO lump. I'm pretty sure it won't be any worse than the royal oak briquettes.

I just stocked up on Royal Oak charcoal as they are $7.50 per 40# pack at Walmart. Every bit as good if not better than Kingsford. #20 Of Kingsford was going for $6.67 at my walmart.

Joe,

I did see those at mine also. Planning on making a restocking run this week and I'm going to get a bag or two of the briquettes also.

I wound up going to hd, nine and change for a 40#. They had it stuck back out of the way. The clerks didn't even know where it was.

Back