iGrill 2 Anyone?

So my Bday and Father's Day are somewhat close and Im thinking I may hint at this!
Looks like they have addressed teh issues that kept the original iGrill from getting good reviews.
I would hint at the Maverick but for some reason I like the iPad interface, graphs, alarms, etc.

Thoughts, comments?

I won the original iGrill in a drawing here on TVWBB. I use it often and absolutely love it. As long as my phone stays plugged in the iGrill works as advertised. If the iGrill 2 improves upon the original I say go for it.

thanks Dwain...why do you have to keep your iPhone plugged in? Im most likely going to run this off of my iPad....maybe my Android phone too.
Says you can run 4 probes...not sure I need 4 but 2 along with pit temp would be great.

thanks Dwain...why do you have to keep your iPhone plugged in? Im most likely going to run this off of my iPad....maybe my Android phone too.
Says you can run 4 probes...not sure I need 4 but 2 along with pit temp would be great.

I've found that the Bluetooth keeps "pinging" for the iGrill which uses up a lot of battery power so I leave the phone plugged in. Also, I've found that keeping the iGrill in the shade helps maintain the Bluetooth connection.

Good info...thanks.
Im going to look into this a little more as they are saying Ipad3 or newer and I only have iPad2. Just wondering if its more software based or actual device

Reading above, this sounds like a pretty cool little set up. I like the ability to have 4 probes running at one time, and the convenience of it being on my phone..that said, I don't like the fact that it seems to run better in the shade, and that you have to keep the phone plugged in to keep the battery charged. IMO that defeats the purpose of being wireless. Also, the range is half of the maverick 732. I like the magnet mount, I think that would really come in handy. Again, an interesting option, but I think I'll stick with my maverick; I'm too attached at the hip to my phone already.
Tim

Hi Tim- from what Im reading it appears that the B-tooth has been fixed and this is only somewhat of an issue with older model (original iGrill).
I have a sneaky suspicion that the wife may have went ahead and purchased the original. Time will tell!

Back