Ignitors

Well where do you think Weber's merchandise comes from? It's all Chinese so why not buy at best prices. IMO Weber has sold there soul and thrown in the towel no reason to hang on to that towel now

As much as I agree with you, and feel the same, I do not support theft, of any kind. Even If it is from a corporation who charges more for Chinese made than they did for American made...greed...yada yada. Theft is theft.

Snap on
Craftsman
Rinse/Repeat....charge the same if not more for Chinese stuff. People are catching on and dropping brand loyalty. nother topic, nother day!

Anyone use this Onlyfire brand before. To me, an igniter is an igniter but if this is blatant theft just selling webers stuff direct from China, I will not support.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B076GYMZ68/tvwb-20

Says it works on genesis and silver, and I need 3.

I would say chances are pretty good that these are made in the same factory as the Weber ones that are $3.00 a piece more. That doesn’t make it theft to me. If Weber contracts with a manufacturer to make product for them, that doesn’t necessarily prevent the manufacturer from also selling as long as they use their own brand name as they have here.

WalMart sells stainless cooler cups that look identical to Yeti, and some say they are made in the same factory. YouTube tests show basically identical results in use. I don’t have any problem buying an “Ozark” from Walmart instead of the Yeti. I am just giving up the show off name (which to me is good sense worth showing off:eek:).Walmart isn’t engaging in theft unless they start falsely labeling these as Yetis.

I personally would not have a problem buying these igniters.

Auto parts are the same way. My 19 year old BMW requires frequent maintenance, and it is incredible how much you can save for the SAME PART by avoiding a BMW roundel stamped into the part. Just hunt down the original equipment manufacturer and save a few bucks. It's not theft in my mind, I am much more upset by counterfeit goods than by buying direct from an OEM manufacturer.

Yup, I don't think it's theft and you should go for it because it looks like there's a promo of 5% off if you buy 2 or more of that item so you'll save a little bit more from that.

Well where do you think Weber's merchandise comes from? It's all Chinese so why not buy at best prices. IMO Weber has sold there soul and thrown in the towel no reason to hang on to that towel now

I would be willing to bet that the Onlyfire igniter was made in the same factory on the same assembly line as the WEBER ones.

Yah, its not theft. Weber is just one of their customers.

Last edited:
They are not much more than that at Home Depot.

www.homedepot.com/p/Weber-Replacement-Igniter-Kit-for-Genesis-1000-5500-Gold-Silver-Platinum-Platinum-I-II-Spirit-300-500-700-Gas-Grill-7509/100658760?keyword=Weber+7509&searchtype=text&semanticToken=21050+++>++++st%3A%7Bweber+7509%7D%3Ast++cn%3A%7B0%3A0%7D++weber+%7Bbrand%7D+7509+%7Brest%7D+

Last edited:
As much as I agree with you, and feel the same, I do not support theft, of any kind. Even If it is from a corporation who charges more for Chinese made than they did for American made...greed...yada yada. Theft is theft.

Snap on
Craftsman
Rinse/Repeat....charge the same if not more for Chinese stuff. People are catching on and dropping brand loyalty. nother topic, nother day!

What would you call it theft? Is it theft that say Champion or NGK makes replacement spark plugs for your GM car which would normally take AC Delco? Or how about that WIX makes replacement oil filters for your GM car that takes AC Delco. The WIX is identical in design and specs but made in China and the AC Delco is typically made in USA or UK. It's NOT theft to make replacement parts and if they're TRULY direct replacement parts they do end up having to look identical. This is not intellectual property theft it's simply selling replacement parts. BIG difference. Or how about Bruce buying those stainless steel rod grates that are identical to Weber branded grates? I see no issue with it

I would be willing to bet that the Onlyfire igniter was made in the same factory on the same assembly line as the WEBER ones.

Yah, its not theft. Weber is just one of their customers.

Before I read this, I had concluded that, Bruce. I have been on a bit fired up lately over Chinese crap copying popular searches on amazon and the internet for that matter. Did not mean to come across in any bad way that this company indeed did, just was curious.

To make up for any hardfeelings, and for scientific research, I decided to order with the thoughts that this company simply is Webers Supplier!

Anyhow, These new ignitors are pretty stout. Thicker stainless, 4 times heavier gauge wire than what I am replacing. I ordered some a few new canvas grill covers so got free next day delivery.

5hczydf.jpg

Q5mvNGL.jpg

X1Y4PtR.jpg

BkiOmQu.jpg

Cheers

Cool. So are you saying the stainless gas catcher is thinker than original? They certainly look like a good product, but with electronics, looks is usually a small part of it. I am guessing they will be a good replacement for the original in the end.

I just got a genuine Weber igniter kit for my 2002 Silver B restore. I installed it and pushed the button down to test it, no click and the button locked in the down position. So much for Weber quality.... buy the clone.

Wow, Rich. That is really discouraging. I agree; get you money back on that one and go with this substitute!

It may even have a better collector. I have always felt that was an unnecessary weak link in these grills. It ought to be a LOT thicker so that it can hold up to the burner heat.

Shaun,
Do you have a review to share with us on these Onlyfire Igniters? Any problems with it since you installed it?

I put this one in tonight. Installed smoothly and securely. Worked perfectly on the first push.

Concur. I just received my box of three and they are beefy, look well made, and make a real nice spark. These should go nicely in my pile of flippers.

I would not consider this theft. I read a recent article from the USA inventor of the Vortex and agree with his lawsuit because--among other elements--a Chinese-based firm intentionally misled through advertising that they were marketing the Vortex, they used Vortex reviewers, Vortex pics, and a fictitious US-based address. I did not see any detail on the link that you shared that they are purporting this to be made by Weber. If you feel differently then I suppose you should contact Weber and purchase an igniter. But if you do, you have to ask yourself if they are manufacturing it (which probably means outsourcing it), or buying it offshore from a third party.

Back