If you had...

Ed L

TVWBB Fan
Enough money to buy a stand alone gas grill. What would it be?

Doesn’t have to be Weber. But easy to get replacement parts but 10 years down the road?

This is work related. They want to convert other name brand to NG. But cost for conversion and no replacement parts available. Not worth it?

I’d convert 2 or 3 and save the others for parts and use money saved on new grills.

What do you mean by "Enough Money"? Do you mean money is no object?
What size grill(s) are you looking for?

Weber is going to be about the best supported grill you could buy as far as finding parts over the next ten years as long as you buy a Genesis or Spirit.
Best bet like you say is to find old Silver/Gold/Platinum B/C or Geneis 1000-5000 and fix them up. Parts, new and used, should still be readily available in ten year, especially on the Silver/Gold/Platinum.

Also consider a Q3xxx as well.

Just a plain 4 burner grill. They want to convert to natural gas.

Dry environment in a “park” setting. Light to medium use. Mostly summer

I agree with Bruce that Weber is your best bet in regards to support and future parts availability. Both new and old webers are good in that regard.

Enough money to buy a stand alone gas grill. What would it be?

Doesn’t have to be Weber. But easy to get replacement parts but 10 years down the road?

This is work related. They want to convert other name brand to NG. But cost for conversion and no replacement parts available. Not worth it?

I’d convert 2 or 3 and save the others for parts and use money saved on new grills.

I would recommend a Broilmaster or an MHP. Both are made here with quality materials. Cast aluminum grill heads, stainless steel grates and burners. Very good warranties and both companies have been around for a long time. The only downside to their grills is they only make two burner grills with no bells and whistle. They are truly built like tanks.

I have a Broilmaster that I will be redoing this summer. I can't wait to get to it. I already redid the wood shelves and have ordered and received new burners racks and ceramic briquettes for it. It is a 1970s Warm Morning grill.

That is actually a good option. Even though only two burners, these grills do excellent low and slow indirect cooking with the one half on, one half off setup. Very similar to how a charcoal PK grill works. The special side handle Broilmasters have allow you to keep the hood cracked open to better regulate low heat; they can also put out some very high heat that will sear with the best. They are very weather resistant and as said built super tough. I have seen pictures of Bruce's wood staining and the unfinished grill. It is going to be a very special beauty!

The cook boxes are quite deep and the grates are designed to be used in a low or raised fashion as well which gets the meat further from the heat source and makes for great even and indirect cooking.

Napoleon make great gas grills as well. The upper scale models are even better than Weber. But they are rare. Not sure why. They are very popular in Europe.

If I was buying a fleet of grills, I'd buy some of the older Silver B&Cs. You could keep some replacement parts on hand. They are easy and cheap to work on.

I'm not sure about 4-burners though. That's a big grill.

Back