If You Could Grill Anywhere............?

Bob H.

TVWBB Hall of Fame
If you could grill anywhere in the U.S.A. where would it be and what would you grill?

On the Pacific coast on the beach at Bannock Oregon. Could be just a burger with that
view.

How about you?

I'm tempted to choose somewhere I've never been, but that seems a bit like hosting a dinner party with a dish you've never cooked before...risky.

So I'll choose a tried-and true location. Wind River Range, Wyoming. Haven't been there in 30 years, but there's this unbelievably gorgeous meadow that I swear was placed by God himself. I dream of it often. I'd be willing to hike-in my JJ, cook a steak and potato, and watch the stars do their thing. Pic coming.

Leeward side of an island in Hawaii, grilling some fresh fish for lunch, along with fresh grilled pineapple and a fruity cocktail like a lavaflow.

Could be on a Smokey Joe or a kettle.

After lunch a quick swim to cool off and then a nap as the afternoon breeze comes along.

Down in the Keys, there is a motel on the Gulf side called Popp's. We used to stay there and fish by boat during the day and fish off their dock by night. We always had the dock to ourselves. It was always so beautiful, peaceful and quiet. Would love to go there and grill our catch of the day,

Honestly on a nice evening, (where I don't have to listen to ahole neighbor's dogs barking), a nice gentle summer evening, nice bottles of delightful beverages, our little table for 2, my little TV on a Cubs or Sox game, no place than my own deck
1673187620274.jpeg

The condo we stayed at in Poipu Beach Kauai had Weber Genesis grills around the pool. We stopped at a mom & pop grocery store & picked up a steak, tub of potato salad, a slice of pre-made garlic bread & some longboard beer - just kept it simple. Grilled up that steak, had dinner out by the pool & watched the sunset. That was one incredibly tender steak/ memorable dinner!

Back