Ideas? What are you grilling this weekend?

I started the weekend off with Larry Wolfe's Marmalade Sriracha Chicken:

SrirachaChicken-1198_1600x1200.jpg

Lip smacking good!

It's supposed to be the hottest day in four years (over 100 degrees today with high humidity) so I MUST be a little crazy to light up a OTG, but there you are...

Dale53

Going to do a beautiful USDA Choise Black Angus tri tip, With roasted red bell pepper's sweet onion's....between some some great sandwhich roll's with some provolone and corn on the cob to round it out.

I'm going to do this . Then , later, i'll grill some flank that is currently marinating with it's veggie friends. Yes, we are talking fajitas here, with great lashings of mojito.

Tomorrow,I think Pammi wanted to go out,but our grandson has a BAD case of needing his mommy,so we might invite them over for dinner. I'll see if I can talk them into a tri tip! Sunday,St. Louis ribs! Man,oh man! Monday,I think it's supposed to rain,so ya never know!

Well I'm doing some ribs at some point and I'm also doing a trial run on chicken thighs (new recipe), pasta salad(never made before) and a mango salad this weekend that I intend on making for 60 people next Friday. I'm doing the trial run for friends that will honestly tell me if the food sucks or not. Don't worry I'm sure there will be pics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Regina S:
Sunday kettle fried chicken </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds interesting. Would like to hear more about that one.

Jeff, beside using Al's recipe, I place my chicken pieces in buttermilk overnight makes them very juicy. I then take them out of the buttermilk place them on a rack in a sheet pan and let them dry in the frig for about an hour. Then I put them into the batter mix, let that dry and set up in frig, then grill indirect to direct to get crispy. Also it is a good idea to spray them with canola oil,or Pam, to stay crispy. There are a lot of great ways that the guys have tweaked the recipe.Just do a search and you will come up with your on recipe and it will be fantastic.By the way the mix I use I get online it is Whistle Stop Batter for chicken mix. I like it the best, really tastes like KFC.They used to sell it in the store here but discontinued it. Also very good in the oven.

Sweet Pammi Sue and her best friend have been shopping with her best friend all day,so her husband was gonna come over to watch the Gators game tonight. I told him to come over early,and I'd grill some burgers. Sounds like a plan.
Change of plans! It seems their daughters heard about the burger/game fest,so they want to have burgers too! The guys night has turned into a full blown burger party! That's okay. So long as we eat by 7!

Tri tip with roasted potatoes tonight. Spare ribs tomorrow, with mac & cheese & cole slaw

We've had a fridge malfunction (which just got fixed) so that means nothing tonight, and (depending on how I feel) hand cut NY steaks (yes, I cut my own, I'm a glutton for punishment) one night and a roti chicken another. Plus, of course, some grilled apps as appropriate. I keep forgetting to take some pics, I'll try to do that this weekend so I can share. Have a great Labor Day, all!

Friday was top sirloin steak night.
Saturday grilled turkey legs.
Sunday garlic pepper marinated chicken breasts.
Monday BBQ pork chops.

Back