ideas for left over pulled pork butt

Greg, question for you kind of off subject do you think that 7.5 pound butt would feed 7 adults and 5 children ages 1 to 8. I volenteered to cook one for a friend and all they had left was a 7.5 pounder it won't be a main course because they will have soups too

Smokey J's BBQ

Jason, that thing fluffed up like crazy. I imagine it would feed that many but you know I've seen my 13 year old son eat twice as much as me sometimes so who knows. Use thick buns so they fill up on bread. Let me know how it turns out.

Hey everybody else, thanks for the great ideas! I wrote them down for future reference.

Aloha,

Greg Kemp

Oh one more thing. Jason how did your son's teacher like the gift he gave her?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason Duhamell:
Greg, question for you kind of off subject do you think that 7.5 pound butt would feed 7 adults and 5 children ages 1 to 8. I volenteered to cook one for a friend and all they had left was a 7.5 pounder it won't be a main course because they will have soups too

Smokey J's BBQ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should be OK with it, as long as there are no really big eaters that will do 1/2# on their own. Make some beans also. I did an 8#er for the crew at work last week. 6 people (Men) all had one, and there was plenty left for each to have another. Make sure you pull the pork really well, You'll get more sammies out of it over just breaking it up into "chunks".

Pulled pork quesadillas. Mmmmm mmmm....good stuff. Cheese, some spicy salsa to match, tortilla..maybe some guac and sour cream if you're so inclined...

Throw it in some roasted garlic alfredo sauce and toss it in your favorite pasta.The smoke flavor adds some great flavor to alfredo sauces.

Seeyaaa
Jeff

Man definately some good ideas here. I haven't tried putting in chili yet. I am definately going to try that.

One of our favorites is cuban sandwiches. Start with one of those big Italian bread rolls and cut it in half. Warm up the pork and warm up some thinly slice ham in a frying pan. Butter the outside of the roll and put mayo on the inside. pile on the pork then put some ham on top of that and top off with swiss cheese. I then place the whole deal on the george foreman grill until the bread starts to brown and get a little crusty.

We make those EVERY time I make a pork butt.

Back