I will just leave this here

After my experience I can see how he arrived at that price. Paint, Eastwood, wood, solvents, consumable tools, hardware, tank gauge, wheels, RCPs. I wouldn't pay that for a restored old grill, but spending a lot to do it yourself for a keeper is another story.

That looks to be a can of polyurethane off to the side. I didn't think poly was recommended for outdoor use...regardless, that wood looks really nice. Not $900 nice (to me), but somebody might want it at that price, you just never know. Can't blame a guy for tryin'.

That looks to be a can of polyurethane off to the side. I didn't think poly was recommended for outdoor use...regardless, that wood looks really nice. Not $900 nice (to me), but somebody might want it at that price, you just never know. Can't blame a guy for tryin'.
70786063-C54A-401A-BC1A-C77DB56E8C26.jpegI hope you are wrong Ed. Looks like a can of this that is made for outdoors and is what I used for my slats which I put the final coat on yesterday.

You're right Ed, that's what it is. That can looks like it's been sitting outside for a while so hopefully he wasn't still using it.
Disregarding the price tag, it looks like a beautiful resto all the same. The way the top is indented and dirty, maybe it's just an empty can that he was using to stand on to wash the car or something.

Disregarding the price tag, it looks like a beautiful resto all the same. The way the top is indented and dirty, maybe it's just an empty can that he was using to stand on to wash the car or something.
Yep, it looks pretty good. He may be a little ambitious on the price tag though.

Wife found this on Marketplace...don't recognize the configuration. Is it anything interesting/worth looking at? (The herringbone grates are certainly different than I typically see.)

Attachments

• oddgrill.jpg
    oddgrill.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 32
Wife found this on Marketplace...don't recognize the configuration. Is it anything interesting/worth looking at? (The herringbone grates are certainly different than I typically see.)
I believe that is a Turbo. My friend has a newer stainless one. Very pricey grill. You should link the ad for us to check out.

Free Genny Plantium in Philly.... https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4169575389817898/
242320514_4311923045595879_6579049665538954965_n.jpg

I guess all you have to do is put "Stainless Steel" in the title and it makes it so. I don't see a stainless steel part on the grill except for the thermometer bezel.

I guess all you have to do is put "Stainless Steel" in the title and it makes it so. I don't see a stainless steel part on the grill except for the thermometer bezel.

Read the ad again it is not "stainless steel" it is stainless steal" Much different metals;-)

Back