I will just leave this here

Converted indoor oven. I like it. I guess the shingled roof is to make it an outdoor appliance, but it seems a little over done.

Yep, that was my Florida world. Very tight living on a religious campground residential community. I could almost literally reach out and touch my neighbor! But, it was good in that it was like living in Mayberry in 1960. Kids played in the neighborhood with no worries and everyone cared about each other.

Still working on a set up for here. No deck and no real patio. Hope to save money from tax season and maybe be able to build a covered extension to my workshop shed. In addition to a place to work outside even in the rain, that would provide a nice place to set up a rotation of grills for the outdoor season. (I am still trying to get used to the idea of winter🥶!)
You were warned. ;)

We are looking at possible moving our washer and dryer into the garage because of space limitations where we have them now and need for more storage. The contractor was eyeing the situation, and I said I would also like to add an outside hose faucet. He was looking at the garage walls and I said, "Hey, it's just the garage. I don't care if the pipes are externally mounted." He smiled and said something like, "That's because you are from Florida and aren't thinking about freezing pipes!" It didn't really occur to me although I know the garage will have to be heated to at least semi-tolerable conditions to do what we are thinking about.

Yah, I don't know anyone up here that has the washer and dryer in the garage. Even if you do heat it which can get expensive, you have to worry about the possibility of a disruption in the heat source at the worst possible time.
When I lived down in San Antonio, it was very common to have the washer and dryer in the garage or even on a covered porch.

Yah, I don't know anyone up here that has the washer and dryer in the garage.
Before I bought my first house, I rented on a cheap one for a few years. It was a dump that has the washer and dryer in the garage In Massachusetts. Couldn’t use the washer in the winter months because the pipe would freeze. I would take my stuff to the laundromat and use the dryer at home.

I forgot how far south in IN you are Jon. You will definitely experience some cold and for someone like you from FL it will feel like the Antarctic. But it will not be like what Bruce and to a lesser extent I get. When the Polar Vortex starts up it's not uncommon for us to see actual (not wind chill) temps of -10 to -25 sustained and days where if it gets to 0 you feel like going out in shorts and T-Shirt LOL. But, even with heat I don't believe any water using appliance or plumbing will survive in the garage. Just adding heat to it will not be enough. You would have to completely insulate it and heat it to be able to do that. At that point it will not be a garage but an "addition" LOL

Yes, RCPlanebuyer makes them in 304 9mm stainless steel. They will cost you about $120 shipped though.
After using a set that is on a Summit, I see the value, but not sure I will go for that quite yet. Interested to see how these grill grates brand grates work, never used those before.

I was just thinking last night that I need to pull the burner out of my Q200 and clean it up. Then I saw this one for $13.00 on Amazon and decided to just swap them out and clean up the old one another day and use it as a spare..
Sometimes you see a price that is so good, it almost makes the part disposable.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CWLMM8B/?tag=tvwb-20
Thanks for the share, I need a burner for one I'm flipping

I am sure that took a good bit of work. I am not so sure how it will hold up. He would do better “testing the waters” if that grill had a bottom or horizontal frame tubes. As it is it looks pretty flimsy.

No, I don't think so. It looks to me like he is saying they are faux finished with paint. I see it peeling off over time.

Oh, I didn't really read the add. I just looked at the photos. It also sounds like he is a rehabber. "testing the waters on this one".
Probably his way of covering up old faded, sun bleached tables.

I agree, he needs to do something about that base. With much moving around, that grill is liable to collapse after a while. Those legs are not built to be free standing.

Back