I will just leave this here

Well, then the star nuts won't help much unless you care to replace the cross members. The angle brackets are probably a good choice if there is still enough solid metal in the frame pieces for them to attach to.

Pics might help us suggest options.
The grill is more or less tight, I wheel it around and it’s not falling apart-

Here is how I know it’s not square 96838420-FE69-4B4E-BAE4-A730FC5950F8.jpeg

With the table closed, it is binding on the leg.

Here are the four corners/underside of the braces- it’s really not that easy to see, but they are rusted through to one extent or the other:

A81E3639-2E23-49D4-8F4A-35E3F205BB8D.jpeg0A50949B-3F0D-467E-A92E-566CC5A9E56D.jpeg00F70A54-00EC-4F32-88BA-5BDD23DD23B8.jpegE2A69221-45F8-427C-94A7-2B35D0C07DEF.jpeg

Last edited:
The swing table being out of line could be from the top of the frame sagging down or the swing table itself is not square.

I don’t think it’s either of those.

I can easily pull it back to square if I pull from the left

It’s just a little “rickety”

I am going to brace it up.

I’ll post some photos and any thoughts about how it’s working in a few weeks.

Thanks

Please do post up some photos when you git 'er done. Little rickety turns into leg falling off at some point. Good to take care of it now.

John, did you replace the star connectors in your lower frame braces with the kind that stick out a little bit? I can't think of the name of them at the moment, but that little bit sticking out on both sides could account for your frame not being square and sturdy. Just thinking out loud.

Those are leveling inserts. Not really intended to connect frame pieces, but they do work. I doubt they would be the cause of the frame being out of square though. But, every one knows that I have been wrong before.

John, did you replace the star connectors in your lower frame braces with the kind that stick out a little bit? I can't think of the name of them at the moment, but that little bit sticking out on both sides could account for your frame not being square and sturdy. Just thinking out loud.
Yes, I did and I thought about trimming the 36” long bottom braces 1/16” overall to compensate for the increased length but decided against it.

I just turned the grill around in place 180 degrees and took a photo-
BF8B7B9C-0BC9-4264-9FBB-1CEE3CE20D79.jpeg
It’s slightly out of square in the other direction.

I might just trim the bottom cross members a little while I am at it.

I ordered the braces on Amazon and will trim the cross members at work since we have a nice hydraulic band saw that can trim 1/16” accurately.

For the record, these leg leveler fasteners aren’t really holding 100%- I can see the legs separating from the uprights- before the renovation, I held it together with black zip ties between the leg cross members and the black wire basket shelf and it held for many years.

I think the braces will address this issue also.

Two of these and 4 nuts would solve that problem permanently. Just run the rods through the frame and connector to the other side and put on a washer and nut. Tighten it up and cut off the excess rod. They are $2.98 a piece at Home Depot. Screenshot_20220820-145346_Home Depot.jpg

And if you want it to look fancy, after you cut off the rod, install stainless steel acorn nuts instead of regular ones. And put never seize on them so you can get it apart in ten years for the next refurb.
Good idea- I happen to have a tray full- they are either stainless or chrome plated, but the price is right and they will look much better than regular nuts- thanks ECCAD515-5ABF-49BB-8569-D5460FDE381C.jpeg

Cooked a large papa Murphys on the E330 last night. It was another 100 + day.

Used the 14.5 x16.5 inch stone I have for my electric oven raised up on fire bricks. 15 min preheat on high, dialed it back to 425F and pizza was ready 15 mins later. Forgot to take a Pic of the pizza but I thought I'd share the stone setup.

20220821_114309.jpg

Good luck. FB is run by bots that flag stuff and since you were new, you probably have 5 strikes against you to start with. I got flagged a couple times early on as well, but I still have no real personal info, photos and my only friends are my two kids. Oh, and my name is not fully legit either.
I’m baaa-aack in7D45A283-279A-4A80-A88F-B8B1443397E7.jpeg

Lol

At least the person will wait for some to contact them before moving it to the curb.

At least the person will wait for some to contact them before moving it to the curb.
In "free grill" situations, I ask that they not place the grill too close to the road.

Back