I will just leave this here

Cheap.

View attachment 41461

Not really. Looks like a pretty old Genesis hood, based on the early style handle with the exposed sides on the holders. I would like to have the handle and end caps. $10, yeah - not paying $50:oops:.
Strange. You can clearly see the rest of the grill in the background.

How come nobody puts grill ads out there for selling a grill with a picture of cooking on it? Wouldn't that be cool, to see some mid-cook pictures, if you're buying a used grill? I just kind of think that would be a cool way to advertise grills.

Well, if it is a rehab, you don't want to mess up your grill before you try to sell it after all that work.
But if it is just a guy selling his old grill, I suppose it is because he probably already replaced it and has no interest in "one more cook" on the old one. That being said, I have seen a couple FB MP and CL adds showing stuff being cooked on the grill for sale.

Well, if it is a rehab, you don't want to mess up your grill before you try to sell it after all that work.
Obviously. But I wonder why people who are selling used, non-rehabbed grills just show pictures of it looking all sad and dirty. Fire it up, throw some burgers and dogs on at least!

I'm all for people at least hosing their old grill down for an ad so I can get a better idea of condition. Personally, I don't even care if it works because I expect to have to replace burner tubes, igniter, or whatever anyway. Having to fix something on it is usually a trigger for them to get rid of it I think.

Obviously. But I wonder why people who are selling used, non-rehabbed grills just show pictures of it looking all sad and dirty. Fire it up, throw some burgers and dogs on at least!
It's like selling a house.

You want the buyer to imagine their own sausage or patty on the grill.

Clean it a little though, yeah. Even if it's going for $20, at least get some hot water and clean up the outside.

It is a weber platinum, but it is one of those two from the late 90's and early 2000's that were basically one year models. I can't ever keep them straight, but I think that is the late 90's one. Maybe 1998?

Last edited:
Early 2000's Genesis Gold. Still has the old style wheels and igniter switch.
It is a Genesis Gold, and it looks like it is earlier than 2002 as it has the lower frame left-to-right bars vs the newer basket without left to right bars. Here is a 2002 Genesis gold according to the Year code. No lower left to right crossbars.
20211015_214805.jpg

1639205563676.png

Last edited:

Back