I will just leave this here

I believe that was supposed to be a cabinet grill much like the one in the photo below. Those cabinets tend to rust out bad and the owner probably just took it out like I did in this rehab. Except, he didn't add in the wire rack or cross members.

cr8ANx4.jpg

His grill appears to be a couple years newer than the ones Stefan posted, but I think it is possible this one started out with just a bottom rather than all the cabinetry. I could be wrong, but I think some of the later Golds like his were offered with a version that just had a flat metal bottom (which also served as the lateral supports) rather than with the metal wire basket. (Probably another cost cutting move:rolleyes:!) I restored one that was set up this way. It makes sense that this part would have rusted out and had to be junked as compared to the wire basket which would last longer. Of course, if may actually have had the cabinetry that ALL failed. So, who knows!

Yes Jon. You are right. They actually made a version with solid shelf. I forgot about that. And these bottom shelves loved to rust. That might explain the missing shelf.
weber-natural-gas-grills-genesis-gold-c-grill-stainless-steel-home-depot.jpg

Yes my buddy who moved here from England bought one of those around 2000/2001. Really poor design imo no drains. He has since moved back to jolly old England and taken it with him. His son in law likes it so much he's asked him to leave it in his will LOL.

Hey, for those of you who list their flip grills on FB Marketplace, have you noticed your adds getting buried?
I know they offer an add boosting feature, but geeeze, I list a grill and my listing is like 30 listings down ten minutes after I list it and sometimes, I can't even find it with out doing a search on very specific key words. For instance, I can find it with a Simple "WEBER" or "WEBER GRILL" search, but if put in "WEBER SKYLINE" it shows up. I refuse to pay to have my adds boosted. CL seems to have been my best selling platform this year.

And now just checking. It doesn't come up at all, even if I search for the exact title I placed on the add. The only way I can figure out how to access the add is to click on "Selling", which lists the items I have for sale.

Last edited:
That's true with any of the FB groups. Sheer number of people using it keeps pushing you down. So FB helps it push down to sell you on their "Boost" product. Though I have idea other than cost money what that does

Larry, it is strange though. It doesn't even seem like my listings are on a fair time line unless everyone else listing grills is opting for the "Boost". Mine seem to get buried right away. It isn't like I am searching a huge area. I can search for "Weber" within 20 miles of my zip code and I bet it is rare for even one "Weber" grill to get listed within that area in any given day.

I did a search for "Weber Skyline" and my listing didn't come up anywhere I could find, but I still see the listing still up for the guy I bought it from and he is 100 miles away from me.

I guess FB just has some really strange algorithms for displaying adds.

I noticed it no matter what I list. You put it on and boom it's buried. Maybe enlist EBay with the local pick up instead of shipping option

I have never really tried Ebay with local pickup option. I just figured your potential customers were pretty sparse that way. Offerup and Let It Go are both virtually non-existent around my area.

I have never really tried Ebay with local pickup option. I just figured your potential customers were pretty sparse that way. Offerup and Let It Go are both virtually non-existent around my area.

Bruce, have you tried OfferUp or LetGo? I've had some good experiences with those.

Edd, in the last part of the post you quoted, I stated that they are both virtually "Non-existent" in my area. I am pretty rural. The only real population concentration near me is Madison, WI and that is 50 miles away.

Bruce, it doesn't really matter where your grills listed appear when YOU look for them.
It matters where others see them. I have worn out my scroll button before and never
found some of my things, but when I ask someone else to look for me, they normally find
them relatively easily. Have your wife or neighbor look. Also, simply check your listing
in your selling folder occasionally and see how many people have viewed your item. If
the number viewing does not increase each day, then you have a legitimate problem.

Edd, in the last part of the post you quoted, I stated that they are both virtually "Non-existent" in my area. I am pretty rural. The only real population concentration near me is Madison, WI and that is 50 miles away.

Wow, I have selective hearing AND selective reading lol whoops haha

Bruce, it doesn't really matter where your grills listed appear when YOU look for them.
It matters where others see them. I have worn out my scroll button before and never
found some of my things, but when I ask someone else to look for me, they normally find
them relatively easily. Have your wife or neighbor look. Also, simply check your listing
in your selling folder occasionally and see how many people have viewed your item. If
the number viewing does not increase each day, then you have a legitimate problem.

Dave, you could be right. Maybe listings move down as you look at them and don't do anything other than look. Maybe facebook algorithms sense that as disinterest and move it down on your list. I will have my wife log onto FB and do a search.

I also never really thought about tracking the views on a listing.

Dave's has been my experience also. When I look for them, I have to scroll forever. Looking under my wife's account they pop up pretty quick.

Back