I will just leave this here

Steve, my son is a commercial sign fabricator and he showed me that trick. You just get a strait edge and score the line and keep going over it with moderate to heavy pressure and after 3-4-5 times, you will have cut through far enough to just bend at the seam and snap it off. You will go through one or two blades on 5 or 6 feet of cut, but there are only a couple dimes each. When I do it again, if I think about it, I will post up a video.

Steve, my son is a commercial sign fabricator and he showed me that trick. You just get a strait edge and score the line and keep going over it with moderate to heavy pressure and after 3-4-5 times, you will have cut through far enough to just bend at the seam and snap it off. You will go through one or two blades on 5 or 6 feet of cut, but there are only a couple dimes each. When I do it again, if I think about it, I will post up a video.
Ok, I use a similar technique to cut drywall to size.

It's in good condition. Rust free. Needs Flav bars, grates are fair, needs an inside heat shield and it's NG.

It's in better shape than the S330 LP that I was getting started on so I might fix this up to flip first.

There was a car in the garage yesterday...
View attachment 75659

One ready to go. Hope to drop it off today.

Edit. Reflection of the garage windows makes the lid look funky.

20230730_120043.jpg

Not sure. This one's for a good friend so it's a trade for an E310 and lots of adult beverages.

The E310 is in really good shape and I'm going clean it up and use it as the foundation for a E330 to sell and put leftovers in the 310 to unload cheap.

I think it this one would sell for $400+ earlier in the year. It will have new Flav bars and lower deflectors and new SS rod grates. I'm in about 125 in parts and a can of high heat ultra.

Poor thing. I don't really want a 1000 style but this is a Skyline. Just too far for me. If it was closer, I would get it just for the lid and condiment basket.

The sad part is that 3xx grills in the for sale section aren't moving at $350-400..... you have to have them under 300 to move them quickly and it helps to have 'able to deliver for gas $'. Theres another flipper up here that has 3 or 4 of the 'side control' cabinet gennys that have been sitting for a year plus with an asking price of $300-350..... Kinda sad because we all know they are worth it --- as long as you have the $..... the market is really sub $200 grills nowadays --- they move quickly - even if not perfect.

My rule is free and within 10 mile radius.... otherwise its hardly worth it to flip them. But its really hard to pass these up at times.... and its always sketchy when there is only one pic of the grill.

Edit to add ---- Its always MUCH more difficult when you see the BIG grills on a deck --- means you definitely need a second person to move it.... thats why its 'free' --- they can't move it off the deck themselves. I can move most grills by myself if they are on the ground and the wheels are functional - I've got a low boy trailer with a tailgate that I can pull most grills up without too much problem. Damn caster wheels...

Last edited:
Yeah I made the mistake one time, and one time only of trying to justify a refinish and rebuild on a KitchenAid Pro 600. I ended up losing my shirt. Now I will only take in cosmetically good machines (dirty is OK) but no refinishing, If I take one in that is challenged it's not resold. It may becomes a gift or donation but for the most part it becomes parts machine and the rest is tossed in the trash

I love this color of Red. I wish Weber would use it more often....especially on gas grills.

Back