I was inspired by the lights

Brian,yes there is. We put a pergola,with a ceiling fan,over our deck. After I built the grill garden surround,I built a side pergola over the grill surround. It keeps the sun off,but the rain falls right through.

first i've seen this thread... w0w.

no, the pigvilion is not epic, it's just one year old...
sorry hoffman, i ain't doin' anything else to a 'vilion, 'cept perhaps a ceiling fan for next summer.

I'll give this to O'neal, looks good!
Mike Hawkins is a good friend of mine and although brian used his idea, it's quite different. Nice, butt different.

The only thing i see the "pig" has over "Azul", i can cook under cover in the 'Vilion in almost any type of weather.

awsum brian
whole set up looks sweet!!
did you drill holes in lids? what about access through vent?
where can i see pics of pigvillion?

first i've seen this thread... w0w.

no, the pigvilion is not epic, it's just one year old...
sorry hoffman, i ain't doin' anything else to a 'vilion, 'cept perhaps a ceiling fan for next summer.

I'll give this to O'neal, looks good!
Mike Hawkins is a good friend of mine and although brian used his idea, it's quite different. Nice, butt different.

The only thing i see the "pig" has over "Azul", i can cook under cover in the 'Vilion in almost any type of weather.

Does your 'Vilion already have electricity? Or is that something you'll have to add?

I drilled right through the lid with a step drill. Then I used a Dremel to smooth it out. You could go through the vent but I wanted to show the vent in the front.

Does your 'Vilion already have electricity? Or is that something you'll have to add?
Nope, no 'lectricity yet,... i'm using an extension cord to power a LED light rope for the evening hours... my brother-in-law is an electrician too, and we've talked about it butt have not gone further.
Maybe this fall i'll feed him some ribs and sticks for the wiring... i do want (or would like) a ceiling fan though...

Wow

Man. that is MACK DADDY!!!!!!

I saw the light Mike Hawkins made in his garage. I was then inspired, and a guy at work suggested that I make lights over Mesa Azul using Smokey Joe lids for the covers. So I started to think how I could do it. So here is my project. Mesa Azul is fully lighted and ready for nighttime cooking. Here are a few pictures of Mesa Azul and it's new lighting system.

20120527161231952.jpg

By zavod44 at 2012-05-27

20120527161136288.jpg

By zavod44 at 2012-05-27

20120527161144465.jpg

By zavod44 at 2012-05-27

20120527161155426.jpg

By zavod44 at 2012-05-27

20120527161247379.jpg

By zavod44 at 2012-05-27

20120527230047666.jpg

By zavod44 at 2012-05-27

As you can see Mesa Azul is ready for summer. AJ and Troy really helped me to get this all together. I don't know if it is up there with the pigvilion, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Brian

Back