I want to do county fair style turkey legs, anyone ever pull this off.

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
Kids went to the county fair this week and loved the giant smoked Turkey legs, I’d like to do some on Sunday. Any advice??
thanks!!

Thanks Lew and Tim, ordered up some Prague #1 on Amazon, should be here Saturday, I’ll have everything ready to go and should be able to smoke these Sunday. Wont be the end of the world if I do these on Father’s Day either.
Thanks!!

Thanks Lew and Tim, ordered up some Prague #1 on Amazon, should be here Saturday, I’ll have everything ready to go and should be able to smoke these Sunday. Wont be the end of the world if I do these on Father’s Day either.
Thanks!!
Follow instructions on curing salt quantity. Don't add excess. I use 1/4 tsp./lb. meat but I just got into sausage making a few months ago so hopefull someone more experienced will chime in.

The Prague powder will give you the amount to use. Remember to lower the salt amount by the same amount.
I get mine from Boise Salt Company. 1 teaspoon Prague powder to 5 lbs of meat. They also recommend mixing it in cold water.

Last edited:
My butcher was nice enough to cut me 4 huge legs off of some Turkey 1/4’s he had. 4 legs 8 pounds of Turkey!
I mixed up the brine almost exactly, I added a little more water and some pepper corns. They are each sitting in a zip lock in the fridge.
185859E6-228C-4929-9C5E-BBCC6EB4FBB7.jpeg

I added this Wagyu skirt steak for a later date.
last time I bought this exact brand it was one of the best pieces of beef I have ever eaten.
amazing!!4C09F1F4-8C20-4878-8035-2C42E18CEA66.jpeg

Last edited:

Back