I think I've had it with FoodSaver!! *****

my foodsaver seal doesnt seal like it should so i have to apply some pressure to the lid so it will suck the air out ...oh well ive had it for about 4 years now...light to medium usage

My food saver has worked perfectly for 48 1/2 married years :). What we do is, Diane gets plastic wrap and aluminum foil ready and I separate the meat into portions (weighing it if it's hamburger). She wraps the plastic wrap around the meat, then wraps that in aluminum foil. When we're done, everything goes into Ziploc freezer bags then into the freezer. Slide a piece of paper into the bag saying what's in there and we're good. Don't know how long it takes with a food saver but we're done pretty fast doing it this way. We've never had any freezer burn either!

My food saver has worked perfectly for 48 1/2 married years :). What we do is, Diane gets plastic wrap and aluminum foil ready and I separate the meat into portions (weighing it if it's hamburger). She wraps the plastic wrap around the meat, then wraps that in aluminum foil. When we're done, everything goes into Ziploc freezer bags then into the freezer. Slide a piece of paper into the bag saying what's in there and we're good. Don't know how long it takes with a food saver but we're done pretty fast doing it this way. We've never had any freezer burn either!
I've had two high end Food Saver models. They died way early. No parts availability to repair them. Glad yours lasted that long.

I don't have as many years, but our Ary Vacmaster Pro260 is still working. I did have to open it up and clean one of the vacuum solenoids/motors (yes, I was stupid,) but it really was not difficult as long as you have a little mechanical knowledge. I'd like one like your Pro 2300, I just don't have a good place to store it.
Yeah physical size and weight is an issue. Luckily for me I'm able to keep the 2300 on a rolling shelf where I can easily lift it out on to the countertop during use. I love the 15" size of the seal bar. It's made it handy for large items like turkeys, hams, etc. Same reason I liked the VP112 a 12" seal bar made it hand for up to 12x12 bags. The VP112 is now basically not repairable but all the other functions other than that design defect regarding the tray are still running strong. It's a shame. I kept it in the basement on top of a Sanyo dorm fridge. 9 years of almost daily use. Multiple times a day. If Ary had better control of there Chinese supplier and would sell parts I would definitely buy another try. All the other prosumer models I'm looking at don't have a chamber size to match or don't do the dual oilless pump.

my foodsaver seal doesnt seal like it should so i have to apply some pressure to the lid so it will suck the air out ...oh well ive had it for about 4 years now...light to medium usage
Yeah, that's how FS go. And you can't get replacement seals or parts. That's one of the reasons I'm not a fan. If you are only doing occasional use I guess it's not an issue. I need to be able to just use it and go, not have to fiddle about. Also the heavier duty equipment has better cycle times and don't over heat, shut down during extended use periods.

Been using mine for years with no problems, and used my prior one until I wore it out, many years of processing deer under it's belt. I will bring to light one problem with my first one though, when the vac seemed weak, maybe this will help. I found that the screws holding the case together had an o ring under them, and some were dry rotted. I replaced them all, and it went back to working fine, never another problem for years. Not sure if they're still built that way but worth a check for the cheap price of a few o rings.

Been using mine for years with no problems, and used my prior one until I wore it out, many years of processing deer under it's belt. I will bring to light one problem with my first one though, when the vac seemed weak, maybe this will help. I found that the screws holding the case together had an o ring under them, and some were dry rotted. I replaced them all, and it went back to working fine, never another problem for years. Not sure if they're still built that way but worth a check for the cheap price of a few o rings.
It's all about make and model with FS/Tillia.

Had an issue with a FS years ago, that we bought from Costco. After a year, it crapped out. I returned it and bought the same model and it's been working great ever since. No issues. We use it a few times a month.

Had an issue with a FS years ago, that we bought from Costco. After a year, it crapped out. I returned it and bought the same model and it's been working great ever since. No issues. We use it a few times a month.
I think your experience is fairly common in terms of replacement vs repair. You've had some good luck. My subject is just a little different. Where there is daily, multiple times of day use. FS is fine for "casual use". Make the return early it you have an issue as you will not be able to repair or replace later since FS does not sell parts. Or buy the warranty plan.

I think your experience is fairly common in terms of replacement vs repair. You've had some good luck. My subject is just a little different. Where there is daily, multiple times of day use. FS is fine for "casual use". Make the return early it you have an issue as you will not be able to repair or replace later since FS does not sell parts. Or buy the warranty plan.
The caveat here is that I think that @Rick P returned the unit to Costco, which is known for good service of this sort and had the good fortune to not have to try to deal with FoodSaver/Rival's non-existent customer service.

No doubt and agreed.
I don't think that they're robust enough to handle multiple times of daily use.

Update on my Weston Pro 2300 external sealer. 13 years old now. Heavy use and daily user. I've had a power cord fail previous, easily purchased 3rd party. I've just now replaced the door seals $30 which was preventing the auto cut off from kicking in. While I was at it I added a new console lable to cover the control panel area that covers the buttons where the touch pad covering wore through (but switch panel was still functioning) $11. Can't say enough about the Pro 2300. There's a 2600 model now that has same features and build quality. It was easy to find/purchase the parts from Weston although they no longer have direct phone contact. Customer support is email only :-( Heard back though in 48 hours.

Unfortunately after 9 years the ARY VP112 has been discontinued and ARY is no longer selling any parts. I replaced the sealer tray/chamber for $150 about 3 years ago. Worked perfect for 3 years then failed same way as the last one. As an engineer I could have performed "surgery" on that tray that failed the same way as the origianl. No time for plat as the chamber sealer gets used multiple times a day every day. So just cut to the chase and purchased a replacement chamber sealer a Galaxy 12 from Webstaurant store for $400, free shipping. Fired it up this morning, happy with this unit so far we'll see how long it lasts. They do provide replacement parts. Looks like these are a proprietary brand from WS. It has a 12x12 chamber. There is also a 10" model for $300. Nice price point. They do sell parts.

Last edited:
We had a FS brand. Got it refurbished from Ollie's. I think it lasted 6 months before it died.
We bought a Zip-Lock brand vacuum sealer from Wally World. It's slowing down after about 6 or 7 years, but it still works!

Back