I swear it's a true story.

Dean Smiley

TVWBB Member
I have been modifying my new to me 18.5” WSM and had it about where I wanted it except it needed to be mobile and I had not yet decided on how this would be done. I thought about it for a week or so and couldn't decide if it would be a platform with 3 wheels, one under each leg, or one with 4 wheels which might make it more stable. Then my cousin stopped the other day and said that she was cleaning out the garage and did I have use for this lazy susan thing she had purchased at a lawn sale. It was about 22" in diameter and had 5 lockable wheels. Well, gee, let me see.

Here I have removed the bearing from between the two pieces, trimmed 3/8" from the diameter of the upper piece so that it would fit into a water heater drip pan, and fastened the 2 pieces together.

Lazy%20Susan.jpg

The 22" drip pan was a perfect fit. I made some pieces to hold the feet and fastened them to the top. The all steel side table was an old printer stand that I just bought at a garage sale for $3.

WSM%20Cart%20and%20Table.jpg

As you can see the stand works great when using the WSM as a grill. Hey, every once in awhile you get lucky.

WSM%20Grill.jpg

Dean

very nice. I acquired a mini wsm a little while ago and I was wondering about a stand. That metal printer stand is a great idea.

very nice. I acquired a mini wsm a little while ago and I was wondering about a stand. That metal printer stand is a great idea.

The metal stand is a great addition for me. I can put the WSM cover on it or the center section, or anything else hot or not. The funny part is that I passed on this stand for 4 previous Saturdays at the same garage sale (had no use for it). Then I thought that this would make a great partner for the WSM and hoped that it would still be available and fortunately it was. I am currently building a mini and looking forward to using the stand for its base.

Dean

There wasn't much available in my area. Home Depot didn't have the right size and Lowes was out of stock so I ordered it here. They're all pretty thin aluminum.

Back