I may be getting cocky

eric b

Tonight I smoke for the third time. Ribs, chicken and corn on the cob. Everything turned out great. The ribs and corn was good, but everyone raved about the chicken. Is it always this good or will I screw up big time soon?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eric b:
Tonight I smoke for the third time. Ribs, chicken and corn on the cob. Everything turned out great. The ribs and corn was good, but everyone raved about the chicken. Is it always this good or will I screw up big time soon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well chances are you will have many more good cooks.........but EVERYONE eventually screws up down the road.....I'm waiting for my time!
icon_eek.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

The thing you're most likely to screw up is timing. Nothing like a bunch of folks over the house and the BBQ isn't done. Of course BBQ is only done when it's done. So you'll do something like try to rush the cook or pull it off early and your winning streak will be over.

As others have said, you'll still be eating pretty good, but it won't be your best cook.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Nothing like a bunch of folks over the house and the BBQ isn't done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Couldn't agree w/Jerry more, this still happens to me as I never give myself enough time. I just make sure I'm stocked-up on booze and the guests quickly forget
icon_wink.gif

Back