I love my 18.5 WSM

Bradley Mack

TVWBB Super Fan
I received my first and only WSM new as a Christmas gift from my wife back in 2020. I knew nothing about it or smoking meats for that matter. I had a 300 series Genesis, and nothing more. Fast forward 3 years, and as you can see from my profile, I’ve gone almost full Weber with a Summit Kamado and a Smokefire too. (I don’t own a kettle. :()

I haven’t completed any mods other than the Cajun Bandit door, as I felt it made the WSM a little more bullet proof, and the ArborFab charcoal basket upgrade.

I can’t explain it, but I love this WSM smoker. Maybe it’s the low and slow on a rainy day. Maybe it’s the sentimental value it has being a gift from my wife. I just know I will never be without it.

IMG_0169.jpeg

Even if you do not use it every week, it is a great tool to have i got mine off CL a few years ago when the pellet grills were making a big push and folks were selling WSMs to move up. I got mine cheap and in great shape so i see no need to sell it put it on wheels and clamped to lower sections together and it is easy to move. Hard to bet the flavors it produces. I may buy a pellet but i may not sell my WSM...

Back