I LOVE (MONSTER) Beef Ribs!! and YOU will TOO!

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
with all the commotion going on here (windows and siding) and all the dust and ...well,...
for dinner tonight, big ol' Fred Flintstone's Beef Ribs were on order
icon_biggrin.gif

DSCN2936.jpg

Only pecan wood for smoke... these honkin' ribs were marinated in Stubb's Beef Marinade over night.
I use Stubb's on beef ribs everytime cuz the results are AWESOME!
No Other Reason is required
icon_razz.gif
...and no other seasoning is required.
DSCN2938.jpg

Cooked for 4 hours at a steady 240'F on the "converted" Weber kettle,
did I say Pecan woo... umm, nevermind.
DSCN2939.jpg
DSCN2940.jpg

...and no plate is complete unless you add these lil' darlin's...
DSCN2941.jpg

The Steak-On-A-Stick was served with a little broccili...
DSCN2943.jpg

...and the famous Wisconsin Dairy Farmers buttered Yukons.
DSCN2947.jpg

I'm tellin' ya, monster beef ribs like these are fantastic and when i see um in the store,
i nearly fall flat on my mug racin' to gobble em up cuz they're not there too dang often.
Seems i've found a very nice way to bring these ribs to their most tender state and the reward is all mine at dinnertime!
icon_biggrin.gif

I certainly hope (if you like beef ribs) you find the gold mine I've tapped into and grille up some of these beauties...
they do turn your head a time or two, and excite those taste buds!
Thank you for your time and enjoy this wonderful start of the weekend!

Mmmmmm....love me some Steak-On-A-Stick™! It's been years since I've had beef ribs. If I can persuade a local butcher to special-order some I may just have to do 'em up in a few weeks!

Thank you for the great pics, Jim. I love beef ribs, especially now that I've learned how to cook them properly. You've got it down!

Beef Ribs are a big hit in our house. I'll have to try the Stubbs route, they look fantastic!

PSST hey Jim, don't look now, but somebody swiped the siding off your house.

Great looking ribs JIm!
icon_smile.gif

How are the beef vs pork ribs in texture?
I have never seen em around here so i guess i have to order it from the butcher if i gonna try it.

Great cook!

Fantastic Jim! 7am and I'm craving some beef ribs now!! Your pics get better every day!

Looks fantastic there Jim!

I agree on the Stubb's Beef Marinade on the beef ribs(thank you for that), I just wish I could find ribs like those. Wally World beef ribs just don't compare to yours.

Well Jim, since you and I have been doing a little bbq exchange,
WI apple wood, MO bbq sauce, WI spices, etc.
looks like we need another swap,
Perhaps some tri-tips for ribs?!

That is/was an outstanding rib cook!

Good luck with your siding job, and don't take too many MHL breaks
icon_smile.gif

I thank all of you for your nice comments
icon_smile.gif

Those certainly are awesome ribs and i'd consider giving up pork ribs if the beef ribs are always that great!
Weird thing is, Sendik's sells these monster angus ribs and the scrawny pre-packaged beef ribs you find at walmart or other places IF they have beef ribs at all.
Weirder is, Sendik's prices them a dollar apart per pound, the angus at 1.99 and the scrawny ones at 2.99 .... go figure.
Daniel, texture between pork and beef ribs are nothing alike... picture eetin a steak on a stick.... That's beef ribs
icon_razz.gif

Bob, I have about 3 more racks of beef monster ribs in the freezer, certainly will trade.
Any day!
I'll even toss in a bottle of Stubb's Beef Marinade.
I'll drive down to Arnold's outskirts, lemme know
icon_wink.gif

Thanks again folks!!

OUTSTANDING ribs Jim!

Sendik's for beef ribs has been a secrete of mine for about 3 years now. I think I may wander down there now after seeing your pictures......lol

Jim, I have learned a lot from you about smoking for quite some time now but I do have to say the simplicity of your Beef Rib cooks have been one of the best lessons you have given. I hope some of the people responding to your Beef Rib posts really do try them out. They are in for more than just a pleasant surprise. They are great. I know. I also have them quite often just the way you do em. Thanks for sharing. Bob
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Those look amazing! All I can find is the little(barely any meat on the bones)racks unless I go to the butcher, and that's 30min away, but after seeing those pics I'm taking the trip!

One of my personal favorite things. So hard to find good ones around here. I can order some for $5.99/# from a local Butcherie. I usually do them on the kettle.

Back