I haven't been cooking much lately!!!!

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Work, life, family and such has put most my cooking on hiatus! I did go camping and we made some great meals. Tri tip, corn, taters, and a classic camp desert! Same weekend we attended a Civil War re-creation. Always fun. Here's a few pictures to prove it all happened!

The setting for the Civil war is at what is known as the Corbet Ranch. It sits in right on the Metolious River Near Camp Sherman Oregon. It's a beautiful setting.

47113545854_1c95421405_c.jpg

40936404693_5cecd197ac_c.jpg

47850919212_0f8a957fdc_c.jpg

We camp on Jack Creek which feeds into the river.

47893493451_8db9981381_c.jpg

47104241584_2f8ef0ea73_c.jpg

We do all kinds of things while camping. Carving is always popular

47902867931_095fcebe20_c.jpg

Axe Throwing is fun! NEVER THROW AT LIVE TREES!

47113477694_37055537e7_c.jpg

And Food!

47953754213_ef0d610f5a_c.jpg

47953752943_be6819c9f3_c.jpg

47953775336_d00524ef24_c.jpg

Great photos Case and beautiful scenery. Really miss camping, used to go up to the high sierras and camp along side Bishop creek, fly fish in the creek during the day and listen to the water roaring over the rocks at night. Very peaceful and relaxing.

Great pics! I used to do some reenacting back in the day. I only did one Civil War event, I mostly did Mexican War and Texas Revolution stuff. I was shocked by the scale and amount of participants Civil War events have. I can smell the gunpowder and sweaty wool now!

You're putting that new camp trailer to good use Case. Looks like a fun time. That's certainly camp cooking at it's finest. Nice post.

The Solo Stove Bonfire looks awesome, how do you like it?

Robb, It is great. Super efficient, burns super clean once it gets going and super hot. Almost no sparks which is key for where we like to camp.

It also burns down to nothing, just a bit of ash. Which is really nice.

It also cools down fairly rapidly, assuming the fire is near out. Using my Weber BBQ gloves (think welding gloves) I dumped the embers into the provided fire pit at camp, and flipped it back over again. Then did a couple more flips to get all the ash out. It was cool to touch and ready to be packed in 30 minutes.

It's not great for cooking though as the flames and intense heat are a bit much. Roasting hot dogs or marshmallows is okay if you keep them out of the flames.

Great photos Case and beautiful scenery. Really miss camping, used to go up to the high sierras and camp along side Bishop creek, fly fish in the creek during the day and listen to the water roaring over the rocks at night. Very peaceful and relaxing.

Great pics! I used to do some reenacting back in the day. I only did one Civil War event, I mostly did Mexican War and Texas Revolution stuff. I was shocked by the scale and amount of participants Civil War events have. I can smell the gunpowder and sweaty wool now!

Great photos Case, thanks for sharing.

You're putting that new camp trailer to good use Case. Looks like a fun time. That's certainly camp cooking at it's finest. Nice post.

Thanks all! Going out to do it again this weekend! Son requested Tri tip so we'll be eating good!

Case, those are awesome pics and the food looks delicious. You son has great taste for food Tri tip yum. Enjoy.:)

Did the South win? :cool:

Clean lookin' land and water! Just the place for camping out! Just watch out for the bears & wolves?

Robb, It is great. Super efficient, burns super clean once it gets going and super hot. Almost no sparks which is key for where we like to camp.

It also burns down to nothing, just a bit of ash. Which is really nice.

It also cools down fairly rapidly, assuming the fire is near out. Using my Weber BBQ gloves (think welding gloves) I dumped the embers into the provided fire pit at camp, and flipped it back over again. Then did a couple more flips to get all the ash out. It was cool to touch and ready to be packed in 30 minutes.

It's not great for cooking though as the flames and intense heat are a bit much. Roasting hot dogs or marshmallows is okay if you keep them out of the flames.

Thanks for the review! It’s definitely on my me want list :cool:

Did the South win? :cool:

Clean lookin' land and water! Just the place for camping out! Just watch out for the bears & wolves?

Not too worried about either of those in this particular neck of the woods. We did see some large cat tracks. The cat population is the largest that it has ever been.

We do see red foxes in this area. They are fun to watch. Didin't see any this trip.

Back