I have seen the mountaintop.......

Scott M

TVWBB Fan
and it rests at Restaurant Depot:

2E34C450-2960-4710-8DD7-702DA8D579AC-11961-000010086E2DEB18_zps30143212.jpg

Used my KCBS card to get into the local RD.

Now you might ask "why is your U-boat so empty, Scott?"
Well, my wife is a very smart lady and shrewd negotiator.
I was allowed to go but only if I left the debit card at home.

With a per diem of $100 I made my way to the toy store.
I quickly was drawn to the meat freezer.

My main reason for going was short ribs and much to my dismay, the choice ones would have swallowed up all my funds for the trip.
I did procure 16 lbs of chuck short ribs at over a $1 less a lb.
I figured it's going low and slow so I'll be ok with the chuck.
Half the package will meet my WSM tomorrow.
Also got 14lbs of spares at $1.89 a lb for another day and 35lbs of Royal Oak.

I could've easily spent 2 hours in that place and spent the per diem 4 or 5 or 8 times over.
Will definitely be heading back for future q needs.

1 trip easily saved methe cost of the KCBS membership fee.

Interesting. I am currently building a restaurant depot in Phila. (the electrical contractor of record) and curious how I can get one of these cards!!!!

oh and nice haul too!

We've been semi-monthly shopping there for a year or so, and my last visit was the first time I've really been disappointed. I picked up a big sack of beefy back ribs that would've been really good....had they been smoked before they spoiled. I should've listened to my wife when we were loading and she said they stunk.

And on top of that, stupid me also picked a case of what I thought were spares, since that would've been only $1.49 lb. Well, I got home, only to read "st Louis style" clearly written on the case, and so THAT'S why our total seemed a little high ($2.74lb and NOT ON SALE!) Guess what, though? None of them (IBP) were trimmed, so needless to say, we got some settling up to do next trip!

Interesting. I am currently building a restaurant depot in Phila. (the electrical contractor of record) and curious how I can get one of these cards!!!!

oh and nice haul too!

You need a tax id for a business to get a membership at RD.
You can join the KCBS on their website here.
There's a voucher you print and bring with your KCBS card and you're in.

Last edited:
I went to RD a couple of weeks ago to pick up a couple of briskets and a couple of bags of Royal Oak Lump. Got the briskets but they didn't have any Royal Oak Lump only Mesquite Lump. Granted the Mesquite Lump was dirt cheap but I sure hope they will still carry the Royal Oak Lump. Anybody else not seeing Royal Oak at RD?

Oh boy =) Where have u been ? Sorry, nothing personal................

The reason Im asking is because I dont live in Kansas City, so what other benefits would this give me, dont get me wrong, I have an RD pretty close to me and would love to get in there, but thats why Im asking?

You need a tax id for a business to get a membership at RD.
You can join the KCBS on their website here.
There's a voucher you print and bring with your KCBS card and you're in.

Sweet. Thanks man. This store is going to be amazing. I can't wait to see it finished.

The reason Im asking is because I dont live in Kansas City, so what other benefits would this give me, dont get me wrong, I have an RD pretty close to me and would love to get in there, but thats why Im asking?

Once I saw that you could get in to RD, I didn't look a whole lot further.
I think it was $35 for a year membership - less than any wholesale club so I figured why not.

Good score at RD Scott! I just got my KCBS card and the ONLY reason I got it was to shop RD.
I am not sure what you are referring to as a voucher, is the same as my email receipt?

Good score at RD Scott! I just got my KCBS card and the ONLY reason I got it was to shop RD.
I am not sure what you are referring to as a voucher, is the same as my email receipt?

When you log in on the KCBS website there's a discount tab.
Click on that and you'll see a list of all the member discounts.
There's a coupon looking thing for RD.
I printed the screen and brought it with cause it had instructions on it for the person the person at the front desk on what member number to set you up under.

Back