I have 8 balls.

All the pies look great, Brett!
I’ve really learned to dial in the steel. Took a few cooks to get there. Steel was 580°-540° across the corners.

Cook time on screen was 5 mins and then 1 min decked onto the steel for crisping. Came out with a nice crunch and chew balance.

Went old school on the mozz. Hand sliced then hand pulled. Hand grated the pecorino.

Tomorrow is Chuck/sirloin burgers, dogs and thems beans I made the other day.

Go NINERS!

Looking good Brett!
Wife just advised me that we're down to one pizza dough ball. Need to bake another loaf of sourdough, so will build the starter up a bit more and kill 2 birds with one stone. Love sourdough pizza cruet!
Sourdough pizza crust is next level. Love it when I get it!

Will do!

Hydration is 62.5% (171g flour, 104g water, 3g olive oil, 4.8g salt, .25g ADY for a 280g ball.) I've used this dough many times, and it's very supple to stretch, comes out with a crisp cornicone, and nice chew.

R
did you make classic Neo pizzas? Total cook time per pie? And 10” or 12” shells?

did you make classic Neo pizzas? Total cook time per pie? And 10” or 12” shells?
Semi-classic? I need to learn that oven a bit! It gets HOT!! First pie was "done" in 80 seconds.....which was too fast for my dough (and I'm out of practice, so not thin enough.) The rest of them were better, but all still needed another 60 seconds or so, but that would have resulted in incineration. The Koda 16 is a really nice, dedicated oven, but, like any oven, you need to get some practice with it to figure out the best way to have success with it. Here's one.....

1642345923910.jpeg

Semi-classic? I need to learn that oven a bit! It gets HOT!! First pie was "done" in 80 seconds.....which was too fast for my dough (and I'm out of practice, so not thin enough.) The rest of them were better, but all still needed another 60 seconds or so, but that would have resulted in incineration. The Koda 16 is a really nice, dedicated oven, but, like any oven, you need to get some practice with it to figure out the best way to have success with it. Here's one.....

View attachment 43529
Looks good. Nice blistering. You were likely at 750°. I’d recco higher hydration for such super hot ovens. The moisture will get your dough to rise quickly and not burn due to the dough steam cooking. Like 70% hydration. Very Neo authentic style. Looks like a 10-12” pie.

My setup and recipe is more NY style, which is what we like. I have to work on my dough edges browning up more.

Great work! That with some wine or beer is a perfect evening.

Looks good. Nice blistering. You were likely at 750°. I’d recco higher hydration for such super hot ovens. The moisture will get your dough to rise quickly and not burn due to the dough steam cooking. Like 70% hydration. Very Neo authentic style. Looks like a 10-12” pie.

My setup and recipe is more NY style, which is what we like. I have to work on my dough edges browning up more.

Great work! That with some wine or beer is a perfect evening.
I couldn't get my IR thermo to read to the back as the angle was too shallow. Was reading 685F on the front edge, which is the coolest part of the stone. 750-800 is likely, especially in the back left corner where the two burners for the "L" (well known hot spot.)

Oh, and, sorry, forgot you asked about size. Probably about 11" stretched, and I find they shrink a little in the oven, so ~10" cooked.

You are correct, I either need to adjust the dough formulation for the heat, or the heat for the dough formulation. Not sure which would be easier with this oven, but since it's not mine, I may not get too much chance to dial it in (unless, of course, I buy one!) :)

All the pies (sausage/jalapeno, pepp/mush, pesto/tomato) were delicious, and we have very little leftover.

wow, those look great! you certainly got the pizza thing down - looking really nice.....
Thank you. The first time I used the steel I carbonized a pizza in 90 seconds using the gasser. Had to make many adjustments when I moved to the E6. A few cooks in and I’m comfortable using it now between the dough, proper hydration, fuel load and overall temps. Sure beats many local pizza shops and the price is ridiculously inexpensive (not including all the tools I’ve acquired over 30 years making pies).

Back