I did a thing. Ranch Kettle content.

A Ranch Kettle came up on Marketplace (the only reason to have Facebook) about 30 minutes away in the 'burbs. Most I've seen recently have been $600-1,200 and not particularly close. The price was right on this one. I told myself on the drive if the cooking grate was rotted, I was walking. Thankfully it had been very well maintained. The owner is a member of a Ranch Kettle group on Facebook and had several other nice cookers in his back yard. This giant has some battle scars here and there and an odd thermometer mod but with some cleaning and maintenance she'll be cooking. The neighborhood block party is coming in a few weekends so I'll be ready.

View attachment 56246
Good find! Congrats!

Wow! I would rarely use that much real estate anymore but, I’d STILL like one!
The available space for full meal prep makes so much sense. I’d love that for so many of things I’d done in the past, probably would still use it several times a year. I’d make up a reason if I had to. I’m thinking suckling pig!

1st gen performer has that gauge placement and I love it in mine.
A thermometer on a 22" makes some sense. It will never measure cooking grate temps but will serve as a fine point of reference.

A lid thermometer on a 37" grill is just stupid. Who cares what the dome temp is when the cooking grate temps might vary by 100° or more given the size? Plus, the previous owner did not use the greatest care and damaged the surrounding enamel.

Great pick up! I love my Ranch Kettle and use it all the time for stuff. I basically come up with any excuse to use it lol. BTW, quick tip! If you want to find the date for your Ranch Kettle, the date code is listed on the bottom damper vents instead of the top. Though by the handles, it's a good guess that this was made somewhere in the 2000's.

Back