I did a thing. Ranch Kettle content.

Matthew Turner

TVWBB Member
A Ranch Kettle came up on Marketplace (the only reason to have Facebook) about 30 minutes away in the 'burbs. Most I've seen recently have been $600-1,200 and not particularly close. The price was right on this one. I told myself on the drive if the cooking grate was rotted, I was walking. Thankfully it had been very well maintained. The owner is a member of a Ranch Kettle group on Facebook and had several other nice cookers in his back yard. This giant has some battle scars here and there and an odd thermometer mod but with some cleaning and maintenance she'll be cooking. The neighborhood block party is coming in a few weekends so I'll be ready.

IMG_1712.jpeg

Enjoy cooking on it and get used to having a crowd around you when you cook on the ranch. The Ranch can be a little tricky to get used to with the 3 daisy wheel bottom vents and the larger top vent in the Center, but you’ll figure it out after a few cooks.

Wow - I hope you have a lot of room. Did it come with a cover;-)
Yes. Came with a very nice cover.

We don't have a ton of room. Maybe my wife doesn't need her garage spot. The WRK is about the size of her car. Need to train our two unaltered male dogs that it is not a "target."

Last edited:
Enjoy cooking on it and get used to having a crowd around you when you cook on the ranch. The Ranch can be a little tricky to get used to with the 3 daisy wheel bottom vents and the larger top vent in the Center, but you’ll figure it out after a few cooks.
A few burger/hot dog/sausage cooks before anything serious should help dial it in. I'm sure the top venting is a lot more useful in temp management than on the WSM or kettle. I might add some extensions for the bottom daisy wheels. I've seen some daisy week mods using generic hardware store file handles.

I think Matthew may have exceeded the safe vegetable grilling capacity of that big *ss grill 🤣 Just kidding of course because like most everyone else I'm a little jealous...have fun with the new grill and post lots of pictures please!

Having never seen one in person, what impresses me most about your picture is that you can fit the ENTIRE meal on the grill at once; steak, salad components, all of it. WOW.

Back