I came home with a new Genesis II S-310

Scott P.

TVWBB Super Fan
I went into Lowes for my Kingsford stock-up and saw they had a clearance thing going on. They had a few Weber Genesis II on sale. I ended up with an S-310 for $399.9 - 5% Lowes card discount and a free iGrill Mini. The Genesis II E-310 was $349. I figured the stainless cooking grates were worth the $50 on their own. They had a Genesis II LX S-640 for $999.50. That price tag was white, so I was hoping it was half off that price, but no luck.

Now i have to clean up and list the 2005 Summit Gold D6 that I restored last year. The propane orifices I got from grill-repair.com were a bit big I think and that grill gets screaming hot. I should be able to sell that for a good price. There are no big gas grills listed locally, especially ones with a rotisserie burner and parts.

Scott, does anyone here have the correct manifold they could sell you put up a listing then you could put the original orifices back in and list the manifold for sale. I ended up buying a propane manifold from Jon then I sold my nat gas manifold to a member it was a 1000 and they were happy so basically I was just out shipping in the end plus it helped someone out.

I didn't search here, but just on the internet. I already invested about $400 into the restoration and didn't want to put more money into it. I almost bought a four burner version just to get the correct orifice size, but it was a hike there and back and I wasn't really willing to do that.

I went into Lowes for my Kingsford stock-up and saw they had a clearance thing going on. They had a few Weber Genesis II on sale. I ended up with an S-310 for $399.9 - 5% Lowes card discount and a free iGrill Mini. The Genesis II E-310 was $349. I figured the stainless cooking grates were worth the $50 on their own. They had a Genesis II LX S-640 for $999.50. That price tag was white, so I was hoping it was half off that price, but no luck.

Now i have to clean up and list the 2005 Summit Gold D6 that I restored last year. The propane orifices I got from grill-repair.com were a bit big I think and that grill gets screaming hot. I should be able to sell that for a good price. There are no big gas grills listed locally, especially ones with a rotisserie burner and parts.

WOW!! That's a $800. Grill!! I'm looking at a E-310 Mocha now at Lowes online for $699. Good for you!!

WOW!! That's a $800. Grill!! I'm looking at a E-310 Mocha now at Lowes online for $699. Good for you!!

Online pricing is different than in store pricing. The clearance specials (50% off various Weber grills) seem to be more or less nationwide at Lowes stores. Just pop in and see what they have.

I suggest calling your local store before you make the trek. I checked a few stores in Mass & NH and there were no clearance sales going on. Weird considering it's the northeast and our grilling season is shorter than TX & CA. I didn't see very many grills left in the stores.

Bill: That is probably why you didn't see any sales. Your local store(s) might not have the excess inventory that other areas of the country have. It does seem to be a regional thing when these kinds of sales pop up.

So yes...

Just for sh*ts I called one of the 30 Lowes here in PHX. I've been casually looking for 5 months at the Genesis 11 and of course they are never on sale. 50% OFF ALL in stock GENESIS 11!! I was told two things- Lowes is discontinuing those particular Weber models and that Weber was discontinuing the Genesis 11 in favor of the Genesis 111? Who knows, who cares!! Most locations were out or low on these.

I scored a new, in box Weber Genesis S-310 for $349 (They charged me for the E-310 model)!!

Crazy score I love my redhead but heading to Lowes tomorrow cause if I can get that for that price all in an east west and a north south. Wife may want to kill me though as I am heading to pick up another red head on Tuesday. Retiring end of year might as well start stockpiling.

Yah, I dont think the stores put a bunch on clearance at once. I think is it just one or two and you have to be lucky to hit it at the right time.

I have been waiting a long time to buy a Weber grill. I was going to get the Weber Spirit II E-310. I went to Lowe's today and they had the Genesis II E-310 on sale for $349. I got the Mocha colored one. With my military discount it came to $338 including taxes out the door. The manager told me this is the first time they ever marked down Weber grills.

Got the Genesis II SS on Friday for $399 with SS lid and SS grates the 3 burner model LP. The black lid model was $349
They were gone in hours.

I have been waiting a long time to buy a Weber grill. I was going to get the Weber Spirit II E-310. I went to Lowe's today and they had the Genesis II E-310 on sale for $349. I got the Mocha colored one. With my military discount it came to $338 including taxes out the door. The manager told me this is the first time they ever marked down Weber grills.

Got the Genesis II SS on Friday for $399 with SS lid and SS grates the 3 burner model LP. The black lid model was $349
They were gone in hours.

Nice Job!!!

Yes it is crazy how much they discounted the grills. But to be honest I think the regular price is way too high for the quality they deliver. I just restored a Spirit S-330 and was a bit shocked about the quality. Solid rod SS steel grates which were badly rusted from underneath. Rust on the cabinet of course. And the SS flavorizer bars were completely gone. So keep your receipts for the 10 year warranty. You may need it.

Yes it is crazy how much they discounted the grills. But to be honest I think the regular price is way too high for the quality they deliver. I just restored a Spirit S-330 and was a bit shocked about the quality. Solid rod SS steel grates which were badly rusted from underneath. Rust on the cabinet of course. And the SS flavorizer bars were completely gone. So keep your receipts for the 10 year warranty. You may need it.

I agree to a certain extent. Now I can justify spending $350 on a nice HD rebuildable SS grill. 😎😎

Yes the $800 price is way high. The main reason I got it is the burners. From what Weber says the new square burners are great. It remains to be seen. Also the original open frame and the original catch pan design which I like. Now the trapeze pan as I call that slides in and out it is way thinner gauge compared to my Genesis B. Will see how long it will last. The cookbox itself is also thinner aluminium gauge as well. The two shelfs are thin steel as well. These may dent in time. So really the only improvement is the burners. Maybe a semi improvement is the two levels of flavorizer bars. The thousands series had these two levels rows at 90 degree, the Genesis II does not. However I can see why the two level are not at 90 degree is because the burners were east west and Genesis II is north south so the two levels are parallel. Curios to see how this works in the long run. Taking all this in consideration $400 is about right.
My 17 years old Genesis B still going strong.
The Genesis II will need to prove itself.

Last edited:

Back