I am restoring this Genesis 5 ....

I have two 5000 greens. One was my first full restore. It is my go to grill. The other is a parts backup. If it means something to you to have a top of the line Weber grill of the day, keep it. If not, let it go. Let someone else enjoy it. A 13 bar 1000 cooks exactly the same.

The question is what you COULD sell it for and what it is WORTH (to you and this community), especially with the apparent shortage of these grills we are seeing this year.

At some point you are going to have to say "this is the last grill I'll ever own" and everything else is a flipper. It is hard. I made the decision with my Platinum/Summit beast and now I'm on the hunt for some legends like this just so I can say that I had one.

My favorite grill was a 100, but I know long term it isn't going to last me in our coastal climate like a SS frame model. I gave it to a friend as a housewarming gift which allows me to go visit it and make sure it is well cared for without it taking up space in my garage. I just bought new flavorizor bars for it last week and will be seeing it on Friday. Do you know anyone so worthy?

The question is what you COULD sell it for and what it is WORTH (to you and this community), especially with the apparent shortage of these grills we are seeing this year.

At some point you are going to have to say "this is the last grill I'll ever own" and everything else is a flipper. It is hard. I made the decision with my Platinum/Summit beast and now I'm on the hunt for some legends like this just so I can say that I had one.

My favorite grill was a 100, but I know long term it isn't going to last me in our coastal climate like a SS frame model. I gave it to a friend as a housewarming gift which allows me to go visit it and make sure it is well cared for without it taking up space in my garage. I just bought new flavorizor bars for it last week and will be seeing it on Friday. Do you know anyone so worthy?
Id prob pay 500+ for a well restored 5000, theres a new just out of box one on ebay for $1500 thats a bit much, but id consider $1000 for that cause its never been used, but id have to drive to chicago... lol 8 hrs rd trip

Almost look too shiny. I have a set of unused actual Weber ones and the 304 is not all that shiny (yes the actual Weber ones were 304)

Back