I’ve Met my Match and it’s a Mouse

BTDT. Wife's cat used to bring them in and let them get away. I found that peanut butter in the old style Victor traps worked best once we got too old to catch them by hand and throw them out.
The cat's gone and no more mice.
My cats would eat half (the top half) and leave the other half on the bed for us. The intestines would be falling out all over the comforter, wife wasn't amused

I have not had the best luck with the Victor traps that have the plastic trigger. They don't seem to be sensitive enough. The older style Victor traps that have the metal trigger with the little curl at the end seem to work a lot better. I squish peanut butter well into the curl and put a little more on the flat part of the trigger.

These usually work well. Sure, sometimes the mouse gets lucky and I find an empty trap. But they usually get greedy and try to get the peanut butter out of that curl - and that's where their luck gets thin. One hint - pull out the shipping staple with needle nose pliers - not by prying it up with the trip rod. I've bowed them trying to get that staple out and that might throw off the sensitivity.

That mouse needs to die. Putting Rich in the ER is absolutely unacceptable
I got so PO about this lousy mouse I ended up with a urinary tract infection! Spent four hours in the ER and was told Yup, you've got a urinary infection so here's a prescription for some antibiotics The fact that all the pharmacies closed two hours earlier made for an interesting night. Anyhoo all is well now.
Of course, the mouse ignored the peanut butter and ate half of an eraser on the kitchen desk that Barb uses.
Arrg!!!
Tonight's menu will be cheddar cheese on trap one and banana on trap two seeing that the fury dipstick seems to really like bananas.
Going to have to start giving Whitney some chill pills as she starting to stress out watching the oven where he lives.

hope you're doing much better!

we used these when we had a mouse in our garage. i firmly placed a dog treat into the middle of the glue trap and the next day i found the perp.

to ease his exit i lightly tapped his skull with an aluminum baseball bat end and placed it all in a bag and into the garbage.

if you're not paying rent or part of the bloodline family, we don't have space for unregistered visitors.

and you can place this atop your countertop to keep your furry invited guests healthy and out of harms way. or you can slide this into your visitor's staging area and then dispose of the tray when it's full.

Last edited:
I've been using these with good luck.
1695756223651.png
They are very sensitive to touch. The bait goes inside the hole, on a base, forcing the mouse to stick it's head in.
I also use the bait which is one drop of green liquid. very sticky.

Could be female and is having a litter under the stove. Not taunting, it happened to us. Mouse wasn't getting into our food, so the first sign we had was a wee 1" fur ball skittering across the floor. Then another... Forgot how we got rid of them, so I'm no help at all!

View attachment 79790
They are very sensitive to touch. The bait goes inside the hole, on a base, forcing the mouse to stick it's head in.
These are what I noted as well. I buy them at Menards. They actually have a size for chipmunks :D I must have dispatched 15 or 20 of the little stiped critters with it. A little piece of apple and "snap"

View attachment 79790
Amy links to this? Can't find it in my area.

Back