How old is your oldest gas grill that you use most?

My oldest is a 1990 genesis 3 in storage for winter.

My oldest in use is a multi year mongrel. Part 1998 genesis 1000, part 2000 Silver B and some other random year stuff.

The gas grill I use most often is my 2016 Genesis E330. I use the side burner to light coal a couple times a week and usually cook burgers every week.

Last edited:
56D24519-37CE-4BF3-A337-AFBC6AE8DD03.jpeg

In about two months it will be 30 years we have been grilling on our Genesis 1000.

It’s been our one and only grill and has served us extremely well, but we crossed over to the dark side this past October with the purchase of a WSC.

Basically, I am using a Genesis Platinum 2005. My other grill was a 1993 Genesis Silver B, but I gave that to my son.

I paid $377 out the door for my 1993 Genesis 1000.
We drove around 30 miles because my wife wanted the redhead.

Let’s just say we have gotten our money’s worth from this particular purchase, lol.

I know I’ve posted this before, but I remember a Weber gas grill advertisement from that period that was something like “buy your last grill first”…truth in advertising in our case, since I don’t plan on buying another gasser.

This Genesis 1000 has been pretty much bulletproof.

Cheers

We drove around 30 miles because my wife wanted the redhead.

Let’s just say we have gotten our money’s worth from this particular purchase, lol.

I know I’ve posted this before, but I remember a Weber gas grill advertisement from that period that was something like “buy your last grill first”…truth in advertising in our case, since I don’t plan on buying another gasser.

This Genesis 1000 has been pretty much bulletproof.

Cheers
They pretty much are if taken care of reasonably well.

is that the one you have never cooked on ?
Very funny! That's my 1998 Platinum series grill, I just haven't cooked on it since I rehabbed it. I replaced it on the patio with a 97 LX. I have two other complete grills now that could end up as my daily grill, I just haven't decided yet. 1998 Skyline or 1997 Platinum series. My hangup is that I don't think I want to go all out on the Skyline since the lid has so much fade on it, so it might end up on the patio.

Back