How Now Fat Cow

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Beef prices are starting to fall, finally.

"Cattle in the United States are now the fattest they’ve ever been, signaling an end to the seven-year run of record beef prices just as losses begin to mount for American feedlot owners."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...beef-prices/CElVd7P2NmLYWGJhrZd0MO/story.html

fat-cow.jpg

Last edited:
Also read that the demand is rising so the prices might not drop too much. I know the stores here have cut back on beef as the dog food sections (marked down) now have very little beef anymore.

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving, Tri-Tip (Choice) was $2.25 to $2.50 a LBS any and everywhere (but Costco, and that's probably because they don't sell choice)

Wow, I wish I could find choice Tri-Tip in San Diego for $2.50lb. The best I've found is choice untrimed for $3.99lb and when I find it at that price I stock-up. Great find ChuckO.

Bill

Wow, I wish I could find choice Tri-Tip in San Diego for $2.50lb. The best I've found is choice untrimed for $3.99lb and when I find it at that price I stock-up. Great find ChuckO.

Bill

I agree that's a great find Chuck. Barb did find a TT in the markdown 3.99 to 2.99 but 2.50 is amazing.

I meant "Select in my post. Costco sells "Choice" (USDA) I was finding "select" at that price

Back