How much cruelty is a pork chop worth?

Joe Anshien

TVWBB Platinum Member
This seems to be going before the Supreme Court and seems especially important to our members in CA. I like pork and now search for a crate free label or buy my pork from local butchers. This may get nixed as political but I hope not, as I hope we consider the source of our BBQ.

How much cruelty is a pork chop worth?​

Joe, thank you for posting. I have been saying for quite some time now that pork just does not taste as good as it used to. Very sad to say, now I know why. I hope they can put an end to this terrible and horrible treatment.

Joe, thank you for posting. I have been saying for quite some time now that pork just does not taste as good as it used to. Very sad to say, now I know why. I hope they can put an end to this terrible and horrible treatment.
Pork got leaner with the “Other White Meat” marketing campaign.

I like bone in pork chops. I look for fat around edges that gets crispy when grilled

Here in Petaluma, we have a CSA farm that raises and sells heritage pork. It’s expensive but wonderful. 1st time I served the heritage pork the wife noticed it right away (In a good way). I‘ll admit to not buying it too often.

You can still find good heritage pork if you’re willing to pay for it. Here’s a Snake River Farms Kurabuto double cut pork rib chop I smoked and then increased the temp to 450 degrees to crisp it up yesterday.
View attachment 60642
View attachment 60643
Beautiful cook.

Question, what brand drip trays do you like/use? I want some inexpensive ones for pure throwaway. The Costco ones are well made and pricier. Seeking a less expensive and cheaply made tossable tray solution.

Beautiful cook.

Question, what brand drip trays do you like/use? I want some inexpensive ones for pure throwaway. The Costco ones are well made and pricier. Seeking a less expensive and cheaply made tossable tray solution.
I use Glad Heatables for these small cooks. I have 6 or 7 of them. They are pretty sturdy and I just wash and reuse them. Sometime I put foil on the bottom if I’m cooking something that’s sticky to ease in cleanup.
1664999789827.jpeg

Back