How much can you get for a black sidewinder?

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Saw this very nice looking Genesis 300 series sidewinder. Definitely way above average, although no inside cabinet picture:unsure:. I do like these grills, but I don't know about the price - $450 :oops:???? I would take Dave's crimson one any day over this one anyway...

Jon:
Our family has two of these online and a 3rd for parts. I originally paid $400 back in 2007 when the economy tanked for the identical grill. My son's is LP in dark green and mine has been souped up with the sideburner added, covered to NG, and now sports a blue lid and doors. The other two I got for $100 each, but needed some items replaced. If the cast iron grates and the cabinet are in decent shape, I think $200 would be a good price for a grill that hasn't been built in at least 10 years and had cabinet issues, especially in moist climates.

Stay Safe out there!

If the inside of the cabinet is nice, and if the guy would have taken the time
to fix the igniter, these will still do $250 in black, maybe $275 since it has
the stainless grates. Tank and cover included $300 would be doable where
I live. $450 is steep. That add needs to run a couple of weeks, have a few
people low ball him and he will likely be educated enough by then to sell
at more realistic price. Or, he might just take one of the low ball offers.

I think prices vary greatly based on location and how much is out there.
I live in a large metropolitan area and we have so many used grills advertised at any given time that they don't sell for much money. Just searching for Weber/Webber brings at least 50 to 100 results at any given time across all the various sites. I have seen these sidewinders and the front control models from anywhere around $50 to $500. But I do not know what most of them are sold for finally.
I sold a SS E330 with side burner a few months ago. I had it advertised for over $300 and got lots of low ball offers. After a few weeks I finally let it go for about $275 to an older couple.

Attachments

• IMG_2500.JPG
    IMG_2500.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2506.JPG
    IMG_2506.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 10
You're right Jon they are great grills. We bought our 2009 NG E320 about six years ago and it's are summer oven and winter quick burger or steak grill.
It gets used a lot. Cooks really well and with the NG the bottle never runs out. The only thing I've replaced is the battery in the ignitor everything else is original to the grill, a lot of that is attributed to the dry climate here. I paid $175 for it and although I would never sell it I see them occasionally in Phoenix, good ones go for about $250-275 now.
DSCN6153.JPG

It would seem to me that today's economic and humanitarian uncertainty will have an impact on the market value. Actually, for some, it's no longer a matter of uncertainty; they are unemployed.

Like everything else, I think it is safe to say that the world of grill restoration and resale is a whole new world right now. Some of the things we have taken for granted for the last few years are possibly upended. In the short run it may become pretty challenging to find buyers. If things really go south for a time, the supply of cheap candidates will certainly increase. Their turnaround value will be what is in question.

Jon, talking about value, makes me think of Smokefire had it rough at launch, not sure if anybody is buying the Smokefire now. Home Depot allows 10 people at a time and closes at 6 pm in my area. I doubt any of the 10 people in the store are looking for any Smokefire.

Last edited:
Chris, that is for sure. And I don't think buying a grill is a high priority for most people who are in the stores right now.

I'm about to list an S310 for $250 with a partial full tank and an old cover. Going to be firm on the price. Not sure about a black one... If it had SS bars and grates, I'd likely try to get that same $250 for it.

Chris, that is for sure. And I don't think buying a grill is a high priority for most people who are in the stores right now.
Still seems to be plenty of buying activity in my area. With so many people stuck working at home, it's probably a lot easier for husband's to talk wives into buying the grill now to "help" with all the cooking at home.

Kyle, if you did a good rehab on the sidewinder, I would say you are likely going to get it sole quick at $250. I have done a few of them and none went for less than $300.

I agree with $300, but to get $450 I think you would have to have a special color that someone really loved and the grill would have to be pretty much perfect. Oh, and you would need plenty of patience :giggle: .

This one has been on sale for a month at $380 in Orange County.

00j0j_bWGv9PzUUDD_1200x900.jpg

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/for/d/santa-ana-weber-bbq-grill/7080672857.html

New grates and bars. Cleaned up nicely inside the grillbox. Though I think they should have painted the interior bottom panel of the cart. It looks like there could be the start of a little rust there.

That's a little closer to reality, but I think he may still face a long wait. I would still take Dave's Crimson sidewinder over any of these!

Back