How many Heatermeter/Raspi built so far

Built 1 and got it up and running... and I have to admit that I'm looking for an excuse to build another one. :)

#79 In New Jersey

Honestly based on the heavy traffic on these forums I am amazed the number isn't in the many hundreds - maybe it is. I have a feeling I will be building many for friends now.

Bryan has created an awesome product! Thanks Bryan and to all those who have contributed!
I have been following it for a while, and was working on a PIC uController simpler design from scratch. When I realized there was an rPi version I jumped ship and started ordering everything needed. My rPi HM4 unit is working without a hitch first try on the bench. Just waiting on my wireless NIC to ship and hope to use it with my smoker next weekend.

#80 will be live in Connecticut tonight, hopefully.

Thank you Bryan for the work!
Thank you Matt for the case!
Thank all of you for the community.

Edit: #80 came online Saturday night and got its first workout. Things didn't go as hoped as the temps wildly varied. I am sure it is a mixture of my improvised setup and the PID tuning. Once I actually had time to sit down and start fiddling with the PID settings, I was many beers in and the fuel was on its last legs. Still, I was really happy that it is finally becoming a reality.

Last edited:
Got mine working over the weekend here in Seattle. The board came up no problem. Four-way switch on backorder, but wired Ethernet showed the web interface with rPi correctly, and all settings could be set. The main problem I was having was that in my imperial (original) kamado, the temp was running away. Switching from mesquite lump to kingsford blue lowered the temp enough and now its working correctly.

BTW, had an old wireless router in a box, so I altered its ssid to BBQ, and hardwired it to the rPi. Then attached to BBQ from my laptop to HM ip address and 'instant wireless', without having to wait for usb wireless to ship.

Last edited:
Bryan,
Do you have a contact to ask the board manufacture how many they have sold, might really show how many have been made, I has to be a lot more that listed.

Do you have a contact to ask the board manufacture how many they have sold, might really show how many have been made, I has to be a lot more that listed.
I do but I'd rather not bother him. I can say that 79 wifi adapters have been sold in the past 3.5 months using my Amazon referral link so I think there might be a lot more HeaterMeters than there are posted in this thread.

I'm not sure what number we're at now.. if Dale is 83, Peter and Chris are 84 and 85, makes me 86.

Just did my first 'cook' with it last night (not low/slow but works dandy for higher heat too!)

2013-06-26%2021.34.22.jpg

Just got mine built. Nice piece of work Brian!
Had a bit of an accident - the cat knocked everything off the bench (cracked the corner of the board) so it looks like I build a second one.

Still need to get a a case as my reprap took the back seat to the heatermeter and my wsm :)

Just got mine built. Nice piece of work Brian!
Had a bit of an accident - the cat knocked everything off the bench (cracked the corner of the board) so it looks like I build a second one.

Still need to get a a case as my reprap took the back seat to the heatermeter and my wsm :)

I replied to your PM but I suspect you don't have notifications enabled.

Back