How many Heatermeter/Raspi built so far

So I have built 2, 3.2 versions using a WRT54GL (plus an additional brick which I can;t figure out why), I also just finished a V4 Raspberry PI this evening although I'm still working on some Kinks...

Thanks Bryan and all the great users of this forum...

Wanted to add myself to the count of Heatermeters built. I noticed today then when you buy a ET32 probe on amazon the suggestions to buy with it are now a raspberry pi and usb wifi dongle, makes me think a lot of people are ordering them together.

Finished my first tonight. Waiting on a printed case. Guessing I'm going to build one for a buddy. Super cool project. Thanks Bryan.

I built one in January but haven't had an opportunity to use it yet :( should be smoking something next weekend though!!
Thanks for doing this, and thanks for the support!!! I hope to build more to give away as gifts soon!!!

Just built mine this past weekend and used it to smoke a 13 pound brisket. First time I've been able to sleep while smoking something. Thanks Bryan and everyone else for the great project and all the time and effort you're put into making this a success.

Mine has been complete for a few weeks. Ended up buying the Auber Fan for my Big Green Egg. Whole Chicken and Ribs low and slow so far. Still need to find the sweet spot for the fan. Even running at 50% max at startup seems too high to me. Once it is up to temperature it holds it consistent. All in all it runs great.

Make it 55.

I built a second one yesterday to give to a friend who already has an iGrill and a BBQ guru, but saw the HM/RPi in action and had to have one.

Got mine done yesterday (working on Keg mount today).
Might build a 2nd as I screwed up the 1st PCB, might be able to save it (28-pin socket on backward...)

Got mine done yesterday (working on Keg mount today).
Might build a 2nd as I screwed up the 1st PCB, might be able to save it (28-pin socket on backward...)

No problem, works just fine just be sure when you plug in the Atmel that the notch lines up with the notch on the board, not the socket.

No problem, works just fine just be sure when you plug in the Atmel that the notch lines up with the notch on the board, not the socket.

Thought that would work, but didn't want to chance it. Already removed the socket, not so nicely to try to save it. My soldering iron was a POS, now I bought a nice Aoyue, so I can probably clean it up & re-use the board (assuming the idiot behind the wand can do it....). I'll just need another socket & the rest of the components (following the order of the wiki instructions, I stopped when I realized the socket was backward). Not a big deal, just now nice enough outside to really use the Keg.

I cut & formed a sheet of AL for the Fan-to-Keg mount today. Won't win any awards for beauty, but a bit of JB Weld to seal it & it will work fine. I'll post pics up later. Might use the rest of the AL sheet for a case. Planning on Legos to start though (need to go over to my Mom's & get my 10 boxes of Legos anyway....)

Back