how long to defrost 2 butts?

Vince B

TVWBB Pro
I usually buy and smoke however I plan on making a couple this week that have been in my frezer for a couple months. How do you do it and for how long? I just took them out tonight and put them in the frig. I figure a couple few days and they will be ready. How are you doing it? Thanks in advance. Vince

When I have the time I thaw in the fridge, 3-4 days. If I'm in a hurry, as in I forgot to take them out of the freezer
icon_mad.gif
I fill the laundry sink up with cold water and toss em in there for several hrs.

I always thaw them for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. I suppose you could do the cold water method that people use for frozen turkeys, if you are in a hurry. (I've got to type faster, Bryan posted while I was typing.)
icon_smile.gif

Throw them on whenever, I've done plenty straight from the freezer and they still turn out awesome. Might take a little longer, but over a long cook, another hour or so doesn't matter much to me.

Thanks for the reply guys. I have never defrosted meat this large except for a turkey. I guess it will be a Monday night cook and bring pulled pork for lunch on Tuesday. Thanks again. Vince

Back