How long can one hold a brisktet or PP warm

Stefan

TVWBB Member
Hello..

I just wonder how long one can put a brisket or a pulled pork in the warmer...maybe an icebox or similar.

And what will happen to the bark..... can I save it when I put it on direct heat for a time to get the bark back?

Thanks for helping me out on this topic.

Best regards

Stefan

Stefan I have held brisket and PP in a cooler with plenty of towels for 3.5 hours and the internal temp was still well above the level of concern.
In my experience the bark has softened up a bit but not enough to make a difference in my book.

How long brisket or butts can hold depends on the insulation value of your cooler as well as the thermal mass within. Think about holding ice. Some coolers might hold a bag for a day while other coolers might hold the same bag for 4 days. The cooler that will hold the ice longer will keep a butt or brisket warmer for a longer period of time. Additionally, holding multiple butts or briskets will increase the holding time as well. In a good cooler with a decent amount of meat, 6 to 8 hours is not unheard of

You don't need a Yeti, bath towels top and bottom does the job. You just cannot the let "old lady" find out, ask me how i know...

Last edited:

Back