How do you pull your pork?

After reading this thread, I ordered a pair of Barbecue Gloves from Texas BBQ as recommended. I received them, opened the package and tried them on. They are so stiff I can hardly bend my fingers. No way will they work for pulling pork. I informed Texas BBQ and got a quick response. In all fairness, they offered to refund my money if I would send them back. The problem is, total cost was $12.00 and it will cost half that to send them back, so I am out the money and no gloves. I think I'll keep them and try to find a use for them.

In the meantime I have ordered a pair of Steven Raichlen gloves here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007ZGURK/?tag=TVWB-20

I wish I had seen the referral to the Raichlen gloves but I guess I'll chalk it up to experience (sitting here crying in my beer...)

Dale53

Robert, I also thought they were awfully stiff when I first got them. They sat in my garage for a few weeks before first use. I think they may have softened a bit during that time.

I put them on last weekend and washed my "hands" with Dawn and hot water to make sure they were clean for handling food. Then I used the gloves (for the first time) to pull two hot butts. No problem. I liked the gloves a lot.

They still seem stiff when you take them off the shelf, but they do the job well when immersed in hot pork.

I encourage you to give them a try before you write them off.

Chris;
Thanks for the reply. I WILL give them a try. I am doing a pork butt on my 22.5 OTG tomorrow so I'll have a chance to see how they work.

Dale53

Back