Houston We Have a Problem, WSM Problem That Is

Same situation here, usually just the two of us, so I almost always cut off a portion before freezing and make 2 cooks out of a whole packer.
A 22" is overkill for my needs, and I'm betting for yours too.

You're right Bob with just the two of us I have no need for a 22.5 WSM. When friends and family come over I plan to make something on the performers. Like I said for smoking the mini gets the call almost 99% of the time, unless it's ribs, a large pork butt or high heat chicken then I use the 18.5 WSM.

I will keep my 22 no matter what because we use it for family get togethers and need the space. Have been looking on CL for a 14 and a good price but so far no luck. As an alternative, I told my wife that if any one asks, get me Amazon gift cards for my birthday next week. I don't mind spending the $200.00 dollars, but just not MY $200.00. I would smoke a lot more if I had a 14 anyway.

If you have a lot of people over and you want to smoke something the 22.5 is perfect, me when we have people over I do something simpler on the performers.
When you get that 14 you will be amazed how fuel efficient it is, even my mini uses 1/4 to 1/3 of the amount of fuel the 18 uses. I just recently did a large Canadian bacon smoke on the mini with a full charcoal ring, went 4 1/2 hours. Pulled the bacon and shut down the mini, next morning I put 75% of the kingsford back in the bag as they never got lit.

Back