Hot Italian Sausage

Bob Bailey

TVWBB Wizard
This is much more intense than the stuff you'll find at your local super market.

Attachments

• Hot Italian Sausage.pdf
    48.3 KB · Views: 15
Hot Italian SausageIngredients:5 lbs. pork shoulder2 TBSP fennel seed1 tsp ground fennel seed1 TBSP paprika1 ½ TBSP Kosher salt1 TBSP coarse ground pepper2 tsp sugar2 tsp red pepper flakes1 tsp dried minced garlic1 cup ice waterCut pork into strips and put in freezer to chill. Put grinder head together using medium plate and put in freezer. Grind pork and place in fridge to keep cool. Clean grinder head, assemble ant put in freezer. Remove pork from fridge, mix in seasoning and water then grind. Cover and refrigerate overnight before packaging and freezing

(formatted from the pdf) Hot Italian Sausage Ingredients:

5 lbs. pork shoulder
2 TBSP fennel seed
1 tsp ground fennel seed
1 TBSP paprika
1 ½ TBSP Kosher salt
1 TBSP coarse ground pepper
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp dried minced garlic
1 cup ice water

Cut pork into strips and put in freezer to chill. Put grinder head together using medium plate and put in freezer. Grind pork and place in fridge to keep cool. Clean grinder head, assemble and put in freezer. Remove pork from fridge, mix in seasoning and water then grind. Cover and refrigerate overnight before packaging and freezing.

my notes: since this has no "cure" this is a cook with heat to eat sausage, not a smoke sausage as you'll need to get the internal temp of the sausages to safe levels to then eat these.

grill em, dress them with onions and peppers, place in your favorite roll/hero/hoagie/grinder bread and enjoy.

Thanks for the recipe, @Bob Bailey

or do like @ChuckO does by cooking these in beer with peppers and onions and enjoy! how could one go wrong with a fatty, juicy, flavorful sauseeegee?

I continue to add a little more crushed red pepper & cayenne pepper in every batch that I make. I like it hot!

Heck yeah I'll make this. Call it a "Go Giants Bob Bailey's Hot Italian Sausage" but I'll probably wait until they play in LA the weekend of the 16th, the Giants will need all the help they can get for that series

Back