Homemade wooden Grill Table

Just added this. Thermometer and lid holder.
31A2767B-EBA7-40CB-82D8-F38CF2C59DE6_zpszchhhqwd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
9A2358EC-984F-468D-989F-FE043A7CD2E1_zps3m32sdoc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo1_zpsb470178f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo4_zps3c2414ad.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]a

Curtis, dimensions are 28x50x31(W/L/H). The Height of the back is 43 1/2. Both heights don't include the casters. they are and 1 1/2.

This is a jist of how much wood and dimensions.
7 @ 1 1/4x6x44 used for the bottom self.
6 @ 1 1/4x6x50 used five for the top of the table and one for the back self.
2 @ 1 1/4x6x26 1/4
2 @ 4x4x42 used for the back legs.
2 @ 4x4x29 3/4 used for the front legs.
8 @ 1x1x28 used as supports for table under tabletop.

Any questions just let me know. I would be happy to send more pics or answer any questions.

Brian T.

photo1_zpsb470178f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo4_zps3c2414ad.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]a

Curtis, dimensions are 28x50x31(W/L/H). The Height of the back is 43 1/2. Both heights don't include the casters. they are and 1 1/2.

This is a jist of how much wood and dimensions.
7 @ 1 1/4x6x44 used for the bottom self.
6 @ 1 1/4x6x50 used five for the top of the table and one for the back self.
2 @ 1 1/4x6x26 1/4
2 @ 4x4x42 used for the back legs.
2 @ 4x4x29 3/4 used for the front legs.
8 @ 1x1x28 used as supports for table under tabletop.

Any questions just let me know. I would be happy to send more pics or answer any questions.

Brian T.

Thanks Brian! That's awesome... The only questions I do have is how big is the gap between the kettle and the table top? Is it far enough so that it does not get too hot?

Thanks again for sharing; will definitely be making something such as this in the spring (or sooner if I get a good weekend without rain here in BC).

CM

Curtis, I have a 3/4in gap around the whole grill....I did a test run the other day. I packed the grill with about 1 1/2 times the coals that i would normally ever use for about 4hrs. I had the grill averaging about 450. To my surprise, the edges didn't get remotely hot. Granite, its was 25 degrees out....lol I'm 100% confident that I won't have any issues.

Brian - this is very cool, indeed! My father was a skilled craftsman, but I myself have only done a little bit. But any project that involves my grill(s) is enough to get me off the couch and into the garage where I can hopefully make something as cool as this.

Thanks for sharing!

Barret

Just want to thank everyone for the comments. Hopefully this helps anyone that is looking to build there own. I looked for months, talked to people on multiple forms, just to get the basic idea and the best way of doing it. I hope this helped anyone that is a do it yourselfer. And like I said in a pervious post, if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

Brian

Just an update, I have cooked 7 times with this setup. Two of those were 8hr slow cooks and one 2hr cook. The slow cooks averaged 185 degree and the other cooks averaged 300 degrees. No signs of any wood fatigue, or wood charing. The temp around the lid of the grill is only about 10 degrees warmer than the outside temp. Like I said in a previous post, I only have about a half to three quarter in gap between the grill and wood. Hope this helps.

I feel that I have some decent grilling skills....but man, if I could do this project I would be very happy. You are a craftman for sure!

This thing is awesome. Wish I had the skill or the patience to pull something like this off. Great job.

I am thinking of building a BBQ table with back "wall" and "roof" with lights so I have been searching the site for ideas.

I think you did a great job, but I have one concern. You say you have done several cooks with no visible charring.

Have you done any hot and fast cooks? Now that it has been a few months have you seen any problems?

I am concerned with wood that close to a heat source. I would probably be able to handle it lighting up since we have a mini-pumper firetruck in our garage, that is my wife's hobby mine is the grills.

1981Chevyme_zpsdde0cbab.jpg

Chevytruckus1_zpsabbdbcba.jpg

P6140037resize_zps8d87f0b4.jpg

Just wanted to give everyone an update. I've had 45 cookouts since building this. There are no signs of any heat damage and that's with close to 160 hrs. of grilling. The only thing that I would do differently is put larger casters on. I believe that I have 1 1/2 in on right now but around November I'm going to upgrade to 2 1/2 rubber casters. If you guys have any questions feel free to msg me. This was a great build and I would love to help anyone else that's needs it.

Brian

Back