Home Cured CB and the (nearly) Famous Egg McBob

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
A 3 lb. rib end pork loin was dry cured for 5 days with Morton's TQ, and maple sugar.
IMGP2921.JPG

Triple rinsed/soaked in cold water, and dried in the fridge for several hours.
On the WSM with a small pile of lump.
Apple & hickory wood for smoke.
IMGP3101.JPG

The smoker ran 185 to start, then 225 to finish to an internal temp of 150.
IMGP3105.JPG

I had posted, back in March, a pic of my daughter's new baby chicks,
IMGP8419.JPG

They are now egg laying machines!
IMGP3110.JPG

Time for my nearly famous (just kidding!) Egg McBob!
IMGP3116.JPG

Pepper-Jack cheese, and tomato to go with the egg and Canadian bacon.
But I forgot to add an onion slice :(
IMGP3118.JPG

Thanks for your visit!

You can't get one of those at Denny's or IHOP, Waffle House well you get the idea. How about those farm fresh eggs Bob alot different than store bought aren't they.

Wow! That looks so good I could go for one right now with a cold glass of grapefruit juice and I just finished lunch!

Now that is a good looking breakfast sandwich. Got me thinking about breakfast at 4:30 pm and I just finished lunch...

Am I the only one fascinated by the marbling in the 3rd (pork loin cooked) picture ? I don't know what it reminds me of, but it seems pretty exotic. Bet that was seriously tasty.

I would love to chomp in to a couple of those for supper tonight, Bob! Great looking Egg McBob, and pics.:)

Jiminy Crickets! Put me down for AT LEAST 2 of these! OUTSTANDING BREAKFAST!

IMGP3118.JPG

You'll put Jimmy Dean outta bin-ness like, real soon!

That's a beaut' Bob. Nothing like an egg sandwich with your own Canadian Bacon, except maybe an egg sandwich with your own belly or buckboard bacon.

I love the variety of sizes in those eggs, too. So much more character than a box from the store. We've been getting eggs from a guy my BIL works with, and the only thing consistent is that they tend to be large and brown.

That is a fantastic looking McBob. I think we'll make you an honourary Canadian because of that bacon. Only if your spell check doesn't say honourary is spelled wrong though.

Thanks again everyone!
That is a fantastic looking McBob. I think we'll make you an honourary Canadian because of that bacon. Only if your spell check doesn't say honourary is spelled wrong though.
Bob,
Colour me proud and in favour of becoming and honourary Canadian since Canada has always been on of my favourite countries!
But alas, my spell check has 3 words above underlined in red :)
Mr Lampe, on the other hand, uses lots of u's.
Must be because he is almost a neighbour.
Hope you know this is intended to be in good humour ;)

Very, very nice. Canadian Bacon is definitely on my list.

We're makin the bacon but we need your varieties of lump. We do not have access to anywhere near the varities of charcoal you have available.
Not trying to hijack the post... I'll have two McBob's on whole wheat please.

Back