Holy Grail in Huntley, IL

I know I already posted this elsewhere but I'm going to add it to this thread because of the conversation.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/hsh/d/orangevale-weber-bbq-natural-gas-old/6854813555.html

That's the only 5,000 I've ever seen posted in my area. One of the doors is broken and without the doors it's not really a 5,000. I'm not sure but maybe the striping on the hood is also unique to the 5000. Does anyone know if that is correct?

Yes, based on what I understand, the striped maroon/mauve and the striped gray hoods were first offered on this grill. Later some early Platinum grills had a similar but not identical hood.

I would still be tempted even with the broken glass doors. A good glass shop could replicate those, I think.

Wow, these posts get my collector gene really riled up. Oh well, back to doing income taxes:p!

Could the one that has the broken doors be turned into a 3000 wondering if that back panel and side panels can be removed. I looked at a very nice 5000 a few months ago it was $50 bucks and it to was Nat Gas. It was the grey lid already had 2 projects going but showed it to my wife.

She said it was ugly I will bet you if it had that Mauve lid the response would have been different I thought the Grey lid was okay myself. The other thing was she really did not care for the glass doors could not understand what use they had wanted to know why you would cover the wood underneath and not have it showing. I probably could have pushed for it if I had only one grill under the deck but between the performer, my UDS and 2 grills to be finished was not going to go there.

Back