HM version 4 Rpi 3d print case

Those look really good. I want one!

M Miller, a quick request, if you don't mind. In your github dir, could you put in a descriptions.txt file that describes what each of the STL files is? I'm a little confused as to what's what and what I should use. IT'd be a great reference!

Thanks again for the work on this..this is so exciting!

Hooray! I couldn't find the robot and grill on your github, so I pulled it off the eagle file as you noticed. :)

I've wanted to do something with the logo, but didn't have a good enough image to work with. These change that!

Thanks Bryan!

Also, awesome job on the heatermeter!

And M. Woodson, would you like images for each part? A picture is worth a thousand words...

Matt

And M. Woodson, would you like images for each part? A picture is worth a thousand words...

Matt

I was happy with a descriptions only! Of course I will take pictures. I just didn't want you to have to re-take pictures of them each time you updated it.

Holy crap those look awesome. I don't need another case, but I want one too :)

When you get it all down and start taking orders, I'll be in line.

dave

Holy crap those look awesome. I don't need another case, but I want one too :)

When you get it all down and start taking orders, I'll be in line.

dave

You're snoozing Dave! A few of us have cases on the way already. :)

Alan,
I just got a shipment of plastic in today - black, red, ivory/white, silver and orange.

You pick the color.
You pick the hardware (standard or metric)
Footed or non-footed.

$25 per case + $5 for shipping via usps flat rate small box (cost is like $5.08 or something) $25 is what I have to charge as it's cost plus $10 which is what I like to call the "wife tax." If my hobby isn't in the black she starts to get...upset.

And I'll send you images of your printed case so you can approve it before I send it. This way you know exactly what you're getting.

Just message me if you want one.

Matt

Looks really good Matt. I will update the front page of this thread to reflect the new version of the case and create a link for people to message you for obtaining a case.

Stan,

There will always be tweaks. :)

I'm sure I'll get a lot of feedback from the first round of cases. Hopefully the idiosyncrasies of each build will help refine the case until it is a universal fit for all builds.

Matt

If one wants the style of screws in the pictures below, is this the metric setup?

37wBJju.jpg

Alan,

This is a metric setup. The only difference between the metric and standard versions is the bottom of the case. Both cases have nut traps like the image above, the difference being the size of the trap (M3 nut vs 4-40 nut).

Those are just M3 socket cap screws. I like them better than phillips or flatheads as they are harder to strip out.

Hope that helps!
Matt

Last edited:

Back