History Lesson Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Powers

TVWBB Member
I currently have two blue 22.5's and a red 18 Inch kettle and a 22.5 WSM. based on my experience with them I know there is a gap that a 26.75 could fill. The current 26.5 only comes in black and I was wondering if the older 26.75 came in colors and if so what colors. The 26.75's don't show up very often on Craigslist but I am not in a super hurry. Besides the hunt for a specific grill is part of the fun.

Can anyone recomend a website that deals in Weber history. I searched but did not find a site that helped.

Thanks.

not sure but i think i saw a older brown 26'er. not sure of the history. would be a cool thing to have here. someone has a blue one but a guy at weber made that for him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Powers:
The 26.75's don't show up very often on Craigslist but I am not in a super hurry. Besides the hunt for a specific grill is part of the fun.

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Down here in Costa Rica finding ANY Weber Kettle on the Costa Rican Craigs List is as rare as encountering a Polar Bear here.

Richard

original 26" ers only came in chocolate (brown), black, and red, and of course the blue one that was made for me. A guy by me has a red one, but its in rough shape, otherwise I probably would have offered him some $$$$ for it. Then I would have had the complete set all sized red ones...I continue to look..
icon_smile.gif

Thanks for that info. Since I am not fond of the brown and I have a Red grill already, I will probably just opt for a new black one one the budget allows.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Powers:
...I am not fond of the brown... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How can you say that? She's Gorgeous!
DSCN2804.jpg

Variety is the spice of life. I prefer the brighter colors. But if I saw one of these in need of a good home I wouldn't pass it by.

actually, i would not care if the dang thing was <span class="ev_code_PINK">PINK</span> as long as the name WEBER was on it and it cooks my food as well as it does
icon_biggrin.gif

All kidding aside; I would buy a pink kettle, as long as any profits were split with the cancer society. A lot of companies have done this with their products; I am actually surprised that Weber hasn't done this yet.

Brad

I have an Red 18 inch and two blue 22's. I was curious about what colors I might find If I hunt for an older 26. I like the current green the performers come in. I won't be buying any time soon so I will keep my eyes on Craigslist but the 26's inchers in any color are rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back