High Heat Brisket

JRAiona

TVWBB Gold Member

I did a high heat brisket cook today using the method in Chris' cooking topics. I may never do it any other way again. A 5 hour cook and it came out great.

Thank you Cliff. I've wanted to try a HH cook for some time. I've been home for the past week recovering from some surgery so I got to do a lot of cooking and tying some things I haven't had time to.

I did a HH Packer Brisket in 5 1/2 hours last week. Came out fork tender and moist as hell. Easy as hell too with an ATC, I used the iq-110. Set it up for 350, fired up the bricketts and wood sat back and never touched a damper. That's the only way we're going to have brisket, I'm way too old for an overnighter.

I did a high heat brisket cook today using the method in Chris' cooking topics. I may never do it any other way again. A 5 hour cook and it came out great.

This is the second or third reference I've seen to "Chris' Cooking Topics",,,, where would I find that thread?
TIA

JRAiona, did you wrap this at anytime? I put mine in an aluminum pan and wrapped for the last 2 1/2 hours, then rested for two hours wrapped in a cooler (mostly because I didn't want to eat until 4:00.)

Back