Hi from Montreal, Proud new owner of my first ever Weber!

Dom

Hi guys, I received my first ever Weber product in the mail a few days ago. It's not much, but I love it so far! Seems perfect for me living in a 700 sq.ft condo. I have been reading the info on this site about the conversion to a mini WSM and I think I might try it this summer.

jahn.jpg

So First thing I had to do was to try and grill up some steaks! I bought a couple of nice Ribeyes from Costco that I seasoned with S&P.

g2eu.jpg

And dropped them onto the hot coals:

0pla.jpg

Flipped em after 7-8 minutes:

5gda.jpg

And I have to say they were amazing!

0s1y.jpg

I wish I had taken a pic of the cut steak, they came out a perfect medium rare! Anyhow, I'm looking forward to a smoke filled summer with my new toy and hope to soak in some of the bbq knowledge around here! Cheers!

Welcome Dom, thats a great little grill, thats how i started out grilling. great for smoking up half chickens, thighs and even a small leg of lamb...happy grilling buddy.

Welcome! Nice looking steaks. You should definitely do the mini build you won't be disappointed with the results!

Welcome Dom! Great looking steaks! I built a mini and it works great plus you can still use the SJ to grill with without any alterations.

Thank you for the warm welcome fellas, really happy that grilling season is back!

Can't wait to build the Mini WSB, my only smoking experience is a smoke box on a gas grill so it will be interesting to see how I do..Does charcoal smoking have a steep learning curve?

GREAT machine and great looking cook....are you sure you haven't done this before???? Welcome to the club.

Back