Hi from Long Island, NY

Tony

Hello ladies and gents, the name is Tony and I live in Nassau county, Long Island, NY.

I'm pushing 50 yo and have been cooking on Weber kettles for over 30 yrs. I have a beautiful wife and 3 great (carnivore) boys, 15, 13 and 6.

Now, in all fairness, I must admit that my livelihood is...a butcher. So I do have access to many cuts of meat( to be honest, I don't know some of the cuts I've read about here....but I'm learning)

I found this board looking for hints, tips, recipes, etc because I bought yet another Weber Kettle. Unlike many here, I have a bad habit of not taking good care of my grills(sorry gang)

I have to say, I always get excited putting together a new grill, so I make plans. I got my BEAUTIFUL new Black Weber OTG yesterday...but.....I wont even get to break it in until Sunday the 31st. The 1st cook will be some lovely boneless NY Strip steaks....and I'm gonna cut 'em myself sunday morning....lol

I'm looking forward to it as always, but, my next day off is Tuesday, and I'm planning on doing a nice 6 hour applewood smokes 2 racks of st Louis ribs....that's what I'm looking forward too.

I hope to learn from so many of the people here and perhaps , lend some insight of my own.

Thanks for having me gang!!!

Tony

Welcome to the Family, Tony.
Guess we'll need to reference cuts of meat by their IMPS item number from now on... ;)

Back