Hi from Dartmouth MA

Dave Meatty

Hello everyone. A new member from the BBQ hinterlands of SE Massachusetts. I've been living in this area for the last dozen or so years and have yet to find a really good place to get Q anywhere near here. There are a few good BBQ joints in MA but I'm seldom in the mood, or have the available free time, to drive an hour or more to get to them. So, a couple years ago I bought cheap offset smoker and started torturing my friends and family with some truly bad barbecue. Over time, and lots of trial and error, I actually started making some edible, if not particularly memorable, meals. Yesterday my Wife presented me with a WSM 22.5 as a Fathers Day present. Man did I ever marry right. Anyway I got it unpacked and set up yesterday. I've run it up to temp and cleaned out the packing goo so I'm ready to go today. Going to start simple. Some ribs, chicken breasts and thighs. Wish me luck!

Welcome to the site...
Your a lucky man if your wife gets you WSM!! :)
We are here for you if you need help don't forget to take pics...

Hi Dave. Your going to love the 22.5". Your going to wonder why it took so long to purchase a WSM. It turns out some great BBQ. I've had mine a week or so and have done 2 pork butts, 3 slabs of ribs, 40 ABTs, whole chicken and smoked some Brats with Apple chunk for smoke. Great smoking machine

You are so right. The ribs and chicken I did today were some of the best I've made. I did some boneless skinless breasts using the brining method I found on this site. One word...YUM. I've never had such an easy time managing the temperature on a smoker. I can't wait to try a butt or a brisket. But first I need eat this stuff:p

Welcome aboard

not to tease you, but if you ever come up to Foxboro to the Pats, or go to the Wrentham outlet, just on 1A about a mile from the outlet is Commonwealth BBQ, really good Q!

Walpole Jeff

Hey Dave...
Just came across this thread and figured I say hello to my neighbor... I've been lurking here for quite some time but very recently decided to join... There is a lot of good info here on the forum and a lot of smart people with great ideas... Take it all in and enjoy...

Leo

Back